Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

High Blood Pressure and Salt?

Simon

V.I.P.
Logger
I'm running an experiment, have any of you done the same? What has been your results?

Due to high blood pressure I have taken it upon myself to prepare food with literally no salt to see if it would help. God for bid I stop using any type of PEDs that might be contributing, that would just make too much damn sense. I had high blood pressure before any PEDs and have made diet and exercise changes but continue to look for ways to improve. I have only been doing this for a week but so far seem to notice a difference in how I feel for the better. I will start checking blood pressure again soon to compare against past readings.

What have you guys used to season your food in place of salt? Have you noticed any blood pressure differences?

just be very careful... sodium is an electrolyte and eating no sodium is harmful and can also throw off your chloride levels as well as your co2 levels.. so its fine to not eat a lot of salt, cutting it out of your diet can be very harmful as well... theres a fine line there... the main issue is that you need to have the right sodium to potassium ratio... you SHOULD be getting 4700 mg of potassium per day with 2300 mg of sodium per day... many people are nowhere near the proper amount of potassium and take in far too much sodium.. so keep that in mind

just be very careful... sodium is an electrolyte and eating no sodium is harmful and can also throw off your chloride levels as well as your co2 levels.. so its fine to not eat a lot of salt, cutting it out of your diet can be very harmful as well... theres a fine line there... the main issue is that you need to have the right sodium to potassium ratio... you SHOULD be getting 4700 mg of potassium per day with 2300 mg of sodium per day... many people are nowhere near the proper amount of potassium and take in far too much sodium.. so keep that in mind
Understood, I am taking a daily electrolyte with 320mg Potassium, 1000mg Sodium, although nowhere near your numbers as stated above I am sure there is sodium in other foods I am eating. I should have specified I am just not adding any additional salt as seasoning when preparing food.

Understood, I am taking a daily electrolyte with 320mg Potassium, 1000mg Sodium, although nowhere near your numbers as stated above I am sure there is sodium in other foods I am eating. I should have specified I am just not adding any additional salt as seasoning when preparing food.
i generally use minimal amounts of salt in general... i dont love it personally but i do like small amounts of Himalyan Pink Salt on my egg whites and vegetables but i generally dont get quite enough.. ive got to try to get the proper amounts because of the high amounts of sweating i do daily, but you definitely dont need to over do it either.. Theres plenty of other ways to flavor food without using salt too

the no salt thing has been around for a long time and hasn't made a dent in heart disease in america. salt is not your enemy and salt isn't causing your heart issues.

the top cardiologists in the country have slammed the no salt thing as being counter productive

the 2 reasons salt get a bad rap

1. electrolyte imbalance of too much salt causing water retention, causing high bp and heart strain, short term it has plausibility, as in you just had a heart attack and now must drop water weight. but long term? hell no
2. salty foods are typically bad for you. chips, processed junk, etc. all contain a lot of salt. we have been accustomed to comfort and junk food in america

so it has become just easier for doctors to tell patients to avoid salt. the funny thing is i know people who won't add salt to anything due to their heart issues, but will gladly eat cereal, drink beer, and never touch a veggie or fruit in their life and never exercise. and their heart issues get worse and worse

so don't blame the salt man. its your diet and not training a strong heart. #1 way to see how healthy your heart is is to get your resting HR tested.

i suggest checking out Dr. Pradip Jamnadas writeups and videos. he is a cardiologist and talks a lot about this stuff. bottom line the root cause of heart disease is going to be insulin resistance in the end. there is ALWAYS a direct link between type 2 diabetes and heart disease, ALWAYS. so how do we fix that? diet, exercise and more fasting/time restricted eating. I 100% agree with him

the no salt thing has been around for a long time and hasn't made a dent in heart disease in america. salt is not your enemy and salt isn't causing your heart issues.

the top cardiologists in the country have slammed the no salt thing as being counter productive

the 2 reasons salt get a bad rap

1. electrolyte imbalance of too much salt causing water retention, causing high bp and heart strain, short term it has plausibility, as in you just had a heart attack and now must drop water weight. but long term? hell no
2. salty foods are typically bad for you. chips, processed junk, etc. all contain a lot of salt. we have been accustomed to comfort and junk food in america

so it has become just easier for doctors to tell patients to avoid salt. the funny thing is i know people who won't add salt to anything due to their heart issues, but will gladly eat cereal, drink beer, and never touch a veggie or fruit in their life and never exercise. and their heart issues get worse and worse

so don't blame the salt man. its your diet and not training a strong heart. #1 way to see how healthy your heart is is to get your resting HR tested.

i suggest checking out Dr. Pradip Jamnadas writeups and videos. he is a cardiologist and talks a lot about this stuff. bottom line the root cause of heart disease is going to be insulin resistance in the end. there is ALWAYS a direct link between type 2 diabetes and heart disease, ALWAYS. so how do we fix that? diet, exercise and more fasting/time restricted eating. I 100% agree with him
very very good point about the electrolyte imbalance... salt is certainly not the enemy UNLESS, (LIKE ANYTHING ELSE) you abuse it... you NEED IT in your diet and you need the proper amount.. you DONT need to have excessive amounts and abuse it.. the issue is that everyone either does not pay attention to their intake or just completely over use it...

I'm running an experiment, have any of you done the same? What has been your results?

Due to high blood pressure I have taken it upon myself to prepare food with literally no salt to see if it would help. God for bid I stop using any type of PEDs that might be contributing, that would just make too much damn sense. I had high blood pressure before any PEDs and have made diet and exercise changes but continue to look for ways to improve. I have only been doing this for a week but so far seem to notice a difference in how I feel for the better. I will start checking blood pressure again soon to compare against past readings.

What have you guys used to season your food in place of salt? Have you noticed any blood pressure differences?
@Simon mostly it's electrolyte imbalance that cause the problem

I never change my salt and my BP is solid

salt needs to be manipulated going into a show, but in your case its not a big deal

ELECTROLYTE IMBALANCE USUALLY THE ISSUE AT HAND

This thread/post was reviewed by our Medical Review board.

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.

Full editorial process was followed, and please read our medical disclaimer, check our editorial process.

watch playing with salt can get dangerous