Anavar (Oxandrolone)

Anavar (Oxandrolone) is one of the most underrated and intriguing steroids that are used in bodybuilding and fitness. Some may feel it is too mild or weak, some feel it is too expensive, while the other end of the spectrum feels as though it is the best steroid available. In this comprehensive profile, we will take a look at it from all angles and tell you why you may want to start including it in more of your steroid stacks.

I will post sections of the profile with discussion about it, scroll below to see…

• …Note from the author: I like Anavar a lot more than Winstrol, so I’m very bias guys… ~Steve

Anavar-bottle
Fig 1. Anavar by MedTech (50 tablets @ 10mgs per)

History

Before taking any drug, you should explore its’ history and how it has impacted our part of society. Here is my take on the history of var…

Taking a random survey of steroid users over the past 25 years would show that Anavar (chemically known as Oxandrolone) is one of the most popular oral anabolic steroids in the world. For cutting cycles, I believe It’s the most popular oral for men and the most popular oral for women.

Oxandrolone was created in 1962 by the pharmaceutical company GD Searle due to its benefits like muscle wasting prevention. The brand name has been called Anavar ever since. The steroid was not expensive at this time and you could easily afford to run a cycle of it without breaking the bank.
GD%20Searle%20bond%20certificate
Fig 2. G.D. Searle $ Co. Bond Certificate

When the United States government started cracking down on anabolic steroids in the late 1980s, GD Searle decided to stop making it. Sadly, this caused anavar to completely disappear, and, due to high demand, there was an influx of grifters who started selling a fake product which was Dianabol or Winstrol. In my opinion, this started the epidemic of the shady underground steroid world of buying what you think is one steroid, but actually, you are purchasing something else.

Savient%20pharmaceuticals
Fig 3. Savient Pharmaceuticals

In the mid-1990s, a company called Savient would bring it back as Oxandrin. Since there had been so much pent up demand for real Anavar they were selling it for a huge markup. In fact, for this reason, it has remained one of the more expensive steroids. Yet, it’s well worth it for those who are lucky enough to use the real stuff.
oxandrin-savient
Fig 4. Oxandrin - ORIGINAL by Savient Pharmaceuticals

Structure of the steroid

Oxandrolone is in a class of steroids in the Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) family. Testosterone converts to DHT in the body but, keep in mind, it’s in very small amounts. \

dht
Fig 5. Testosterone to > DHT

The structure itself is a Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) with an atom replacing the carbon-2 inside the A-ring, which causes an increased anabolic effect. To allow it to not be destroyed by the liver it also has an added 17th carbon position. This also puts it in the 17th alpha-alkylated family of steroids.

oxandrolone%20chemical%20structure
Fig 6. Oxandrolone Chemical Structure

In part 2 of my anavar profile series, I will discuss the positive benefits of oxandrolone…stay tuned… (VIDEOS coming soon!)

Part 2…
Positive benefits in medicine
Anavar-Oxandrolone has been used historically in medicine to help prevent muscle wasting, especially when the patient had experienced severe weight loss. It also was used for bone health, hepatitis and to offset harsh use of cortico-type drugs. Obviously, due to crackdowns over the past 30 some years, it no longer is used in the United States except in very rare cases.
muscle-atrophy
Fig 7. Muscle Atrophy…

Drug Insert for Anavar
Manufactured for: Upsher-Smith Laboratories, Inc
By: Pharmaceutics International, Inc

Part 3…coming soon…