Please Scroll Down to see Community
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Deadlift form check

shaile29

I’m trying to learn more about deadlift
I literally just started doing these because I change gyms and the old gym I had trained that did not allow us to do it because of damage to the floor
I was wondering about proper hip positioning and rounding back. Some of the guys I see do it at the gym are really rounding their backs a lot is this something that's supposed to happen or is it bad form on their part

first let me vent and say that a gym that tells you not to ruin the floor is not a gym!

As for the movement, it is certainly easier to explain in person and show how to do it than to explain only in words.
Remember that the deadlift is basically a squat, it is used to train the legs, with the bar held in a different position.
The back and lower back should be kept as straight as possible, weight permitting.
You have to go down well with your butt, keep your back straight and then push with your legs.

gyms don't want people doing deadlifts cause most people are idiots who use horrible form and slam weights

that is why i do these kind of lifts at home

i recommend reverse grip on dead lifts and i never recommend rounding the back at all. keep everything squared up and use your back and glutes

I’m trying to learn more about deadlift
I literally just started doing these because I change gyms and the old gym I had trained that did not allow us to do it because of damage to the floor
I was wondering about proper hip positioning and rounding back. Some of the guys I see do it at the gym are really rounding their backs a lot is this something that's supposed to happen or is it bad form on their part
I would suggest watching videos on this

keep your back straight dont bend

straight back
slow down
slow up
medium weight

Yeah, gyms tend to be wary of injuries and the bad rep that it may cause that's why somre may be reluctant on deadlifts, especially for newbies.

Brother, you will know if you are deadlifting wrongly or too heavy if you experience any of these:
1. If your back is rounding
2. If you are losing a firm grip on the Barbell
3. If you keep failing your reps
4. If you are getting injuries, muscles or joint pains
5. If your hips keep shooting upwards
6. If your hips shift badly

You need to maintain proper form which means your feet, the grip, the stance, the pull and the negative have to be on point.

Do not let your back round. If that is happening with other guys at you gym it is likely their ego and they have too much weight on the bar to execute with proper form.