Thread: Low Growth Hormone - Now What?

Status

Default Low Growth Hormone - Now What?

Hi guys.

Lots of thoughts are running through my mind.

Found out yesterday that my growth hormone is 0.3. GP said normal is between 0-15. But if 0.3 is in the normal range then what rating indicates deficiency?

I've always wondered why school kids can lift more than me. Why my training partner would kick on but I stayed the same. I hope I have found the answer.

Protein + Testosterone + Growth Hormone = Muscle Growth, yes?

I've always wanted to try gear but haven't for numerous reasons. Maybe that's not a bad thing. If I was to try testosterone I'm guessing my body wouldn't get the most out of it.

From what I can gather the PBS won't supplement growth hormone for adults? Am I entitled to a script though? Even if I have to pay full price? If I have a script am I allowed to import growth hormone?

Thanx 4 looking.

Edit: Should add that I'm in late 30's.
    Last edited by skywalka; 02-19-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: edit

Status

GH levels fluctuate significantly through the day. They even move massive amounts depending on recently you have eaten or fasted.

When was your test taken?

Status

Thanks for replying.

It was taken in the morning. I was told not to eat for 10 or 12 hours or so. I don't remember how long exactly but I did it properly.

Status

What did the correlating levels of IGF-1, GHRh, Glucose, Cortisol, TSH and Prolactin say? They are all related. Were those values normal?

If your TSH is low it is indicitive of hypopituitarism. Along with other values of course. If you just start taking HGH you may be masking a problem which could otherwise be soved via other means.
    Last edited by T-Bone; 02-19-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Status

Go see one of those youth Dr. I have taken that route and was told my level was good but still given GH. She told me my level was on the lower end even though it was at a normal level and hooked me up with rx hgh. It was very expensive. I did it for a few months and felt good.

Status

Serum GH is a poor choice, unless making a diagnosis of gigantism or acromegaly.
    The lab range is 0-15. if you get 0 that's normal !

Serum IGF1 and IGFBP3 surrogate markers for GH.

Or better still do a 24 hour urine GH level.

Don't panic. Get a real diagnosis first.

Status

IGF-1 has an inverted correlation with fasting insulin. Getting a reading for fasting insulin might not be a bad idea as well. If IGF-1 is low, chances are fasting insulin will be high.

Status

Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by skywalka View Post
    Hi guys.

Lots of thoughts are running through my mind.

Found out yesterday that my growth hormone is 0.3. GP said normal is between 0-15. But if 0.3 is in the normal range then what rating indicates deficiency?

I've always wondered why school kids can lift more than me. Why my training partner would kick on but I stayed the same. I hope I have found the answer.

Protein + Testosterone + Growth Hormone = Muscle Growth, yes?

I've always wanted to try gear but haven't for numerous reasons. Maybe that's not a bad thing. If I was to try testosterone I'm guessing my body wouldn't get the most out of it.

From what I can gather the PBS won't supplement growth hormone for adults? Am I entitled to a script though? Even if I have to pay full price? If I have a script am I allowed to import growth hormone?

Thanx 4 looking.

Edit: Should add that I'm in late 30's.
    unfortunately you are not entitled to be prescribed human growth hormone on PBS.
    for further information on the criteria on prescribing Hgh , click on the link below :

http://www.pbs.gov.au/medicine/item/...4L-6329D-6315J

Also as stated in a few of the other posts , further investigation must be taken to get a true understanding of this problem

Alc

Alc
    your only option is to purchase human growth hormone on a private prescription from your GP.

Status

How about some GHRP's
    Yes, knowledge is power. Self-knowledge brings mastery of one's body." -DatBtrue

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AWARE72 View Post
    How about some GHRP's
    Don't think that would work very well... these peptides effectiveness is based on your own GH pulses, if in fact the OP is not producing endogenous GH, peptides would be largely wasted...

Status

^^^ yes wasn't sure if that was the case or not, but if he producing it and not releasing then GHRP would help...
    Yes, knowledge is power. Self-knowledge brings mastery of one's body." -DatBtrue

Status

Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    unfortunately you are not entitled to be prescribed human growth hormone on PBS.
    for further information on the criteria on prescribing Hgh , click on the link below :

http://www.pbs.gov.au/medicine/item/...4L-6329D-6315J

Also as stated in a few of the other posts , further investigation must be taken to get a true understanding of this problem

Alc

Alc

your only option is to purchase human growth hormone on a private prescription from your GP.
    They don't miss you with the prices!
    Testosterone production begins in the brain. When the hypothalamus detects a deficiency of testosterone in the blood, it secretes a hormone called gonadotrophin-releasing hormone to the pituitary gland. This prompts the pituitary to secrete luteinizing hormone (LH), which then prompts the Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    What did the correlating levels of IGF-1, GHRh, Glucose, Cortisol, TSH and Prolactin say? They are all related. Were those values normal?

If your TSH is low it is indicitive of hypopituitarism. Along with other values of course. If you just start taking HGH you may be masking a problem which could otherwise be soved via other means.
    I didn't get results for those but I will.

Thanx 2 everyone who replied. You've given me a lot to think about but I feel like I'm making progress.

Status

Are tests for IGF-1, GHRh, Glucose, Cortisol, TSH, Prolactin & IGFBP3 covered by Medicare? How about the 24 hour urine GH test?

Status

Australia

Are tests for IGF-1, GHRh, Glucose, Cortisol, TSH, Prolactin & IGFBP3 covered by Medicare? How about the 24 hour urine GH test?
    yes they are.
    Testosterone production begins in the brain. When the hypothalamus detects a deficiency of testosterone in the blood, it secretes a hormone called gonadotrophin-releasing hormone to the pituitary gland. This prompts the pituitary to secrete luteinizing hormone (LH), which then prompts the Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone.

Status

Thanks.

Status

You may also want to get your thyroid done as well. TSH, t4, ft4, t3, ft3 and rt3. Most labs will only do TSH, but just tell them you have hypothyroidism and your on med and they will do them all. Rt3 is the only one not on medicare, but its $45 i think. Rt3 is pretty important.

Do you actually have any physical symptoms?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by jfra13 View Post
    Do you actually have any physical symptoms?
    No muscle tone. I'm soft all over. I can't do 1 pushup with proper technique.

I have narcolepsy, which started in early adulthood, but I only recently learnt that narcos don't get much deep sleep. Through research I discovered that is when the body produces Growth Hormone so I asked GP to test for it. I've known there is something wrong in that department for many, many years. I hope I've found the problem.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Archers View Post
    Serum GH is a poor choice, unless making a diagnosis of gigantism or acromegaly.
    The lab range is 0-15. if you get 0 that's normal !

Serum IGF1 and IGFBP3 surrogate markers for GH.

Or better still do a 24 hour urine GH level.

Don't panic. Get a real diagnosis first.
    I got a bunch of tests done this morning at Douglass Hanly Moir. They said they don't do the 24 hour urine test. Do you know where I can get it done?

Thanks.

Status

No muscle tone. I'm soft all over. I can't do 1 pushup with proper technique.

I have narcolepsy, which started in early adulthood, but I only recently learnt that narcos don't get much deep sleep. Through research I discovered that is when the body produces Growth Hormone so I asked GP to test for it. I've known there is something wrong in that department for many, many years. I hope I've found the problem.
    Funny you should mention that. I've got severe apnoea, I go from stage one to stage two sleep then back to one then to two all night long the sleep study said. I wondered the same about my GH levels, as my strength and memory have gone to shit amongst other things.