Thread: aniracetam vs piracetam vs Oxiracetam for iQ

Status

Default aniracetam vs piracetam vs Oxiracetam for iQ

Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam vs. Pramiracetam Rate Topic: -----
    #1 User is offline HenryHH

* View blog

* Groups: Registered User,

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:47 AM
    As many of you may know, I am/was considering the purchase of a pramiracetam supplement. However, ever since I discovered Bulk Nutrition, I considered that it might be wise to spend less money and purchase aniracetam or oxiracetam instead. Which supplement do most people derive the most benefit from? I'm chiefly interested in enhancing my memory, ability to concentrate, and mathematic reasoning skills (I'm taking a challenging physics course...and I'm NOT a "math person!").

Opinions would be appreciated...

This post has been edited by HenryHH: 28 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

Advertisement

To go ad-free
    join as a Member.

* Top Of Page
    * Back to top of the page up there ^

#0 sponsored ad

* Relentless

* Groups: Advert,

Posted Image
    #2 User is offline demitriden

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:48 AM
    You're stuck with experimenting with oxir. Neither pram or anir is in stock at BN.

* Top Of Page

#3 User is offline somethingtoxic

* View blog

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:30 AM
    Oxiracetam is by far my favorite of the lot. Haven't tried phenylpiracetam and I don't really care to because of the severe receptor down-regulation.

Oxiracetam is more "speedy" but in a non-nervous sort of way for me. I love it.

Aniracetam has sporadic effects with me; however, on the times when it does seem to work with alpha-GPC, it really has me focused and relaxed - sort of along the lines of bacopa. It clouds me other times.

Pramiracetam strangely only works well with me at 800mg dosing. 400mg seems to either cloud my thoughts or do nothing at all. 1200mg severely clouds me and bulldozes over all other cognitive enhancers that I happen to take with it - including 100mg of modafinil. Damn bell curve...

As for evidence searching through this forum of subjective effects - results vary widely with the racetams.

* Top Of Page

#4 User is offline HenryHH

* View blog

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:03 AM
    I wouldn't mind ordering some oxiracetam. Do you know of any online vendors that accept PayPal as a form of payment? Bulk Nutrition doesn't, it seems...

* Top Of Page

#5 User is offline navier

* View blog

* Groups: Inactive User,

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:39 AM
    I have a question about aniracetam. Is there still a benefit if it's taken sporadically, i.e. just prior to a study session 2-3 times a week?

* Top Of Page

#6 User is offline nazcalito

* View blog

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:18 PM

View Postcarsonwilder, on 28-Jan 2009, 07:30 PM, said:
    Oxiracetam is by far my favorite of the lot. .

Oxiracetam is more "speedy" but in a non-nervous sort of way for me. I love it.

I agree. Aniracetam just made me tired and it tastes nasty, as opposed to centrophenoxine, whitch tastes nasty but in an exciting sort of way. Oxiracetam is like slightly druggie tasting sugar -- you can dissolve in a cup of coffee or Jamba Juice and not ruin the taste. Mix it with Alpha-GPC , which also doesn't have a bad taste.

I tried pramiracetam once a long time ago and don't remember much about it. I suspect it is like aniracetam.

* Top Of Page

#7 User is offline GoodFellas

* View blog

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:17 PM

View PostHenryHH, on 28-Jan 2009, 10:03 PM, said:
    I wouldn't mind ordering some oxiracetam. Do you know of any online vendors that accept PayPal as a form of payment? Bulk Nutrition doesn't, it seems...

Looking for the same thing..

* Top Of Page

#8 User is offline Mike M

* View blog

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:22 AM
    www.smartpowders.com, I know they'll take it

* Top Of Page

#9 Guest_Isochroma_*

* Groups: Guests,

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:24 AM
    Since pricing/suppliers for racetams were asked for by a couple folks in this thread... I maintain a list of the 1-4 cheapest reputable suppliers for: Piracetam, Aniracetam, Oxiracetam, Pramiracetam, Nefiracetam and Phenylpiracetam. The list is updated regularly and free from images, ads, scripts, cookies. Published as a community service without compensation.

Racetam Prices {mirror}

As for my own experiences, I'm currently on Piracetam alone. I've also tried Aniracetam, which always made me sleepy (not really sleepy, but head a few feet underwater feeling). So I'm giving it away.

However, I do have Pramiracetam and Oxiracetam on order and will report their effects here when I try them out.

This post has been edited by Isochroma: 10 August 2009 - 12:26 AM

* Top Of Page

#10 User is offline zm3thod

* View blog

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:12 PM
    Does anyone else have anything to add? This is the exact info I'm looking for too, and it is pretty hard to find

* Top Of Page

#11 Guest_Isochroma_*

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:18 AM
    Currently use pir, tried ani, oxi & pram. Ani caused tiredness, fogginess, head underwater.

Pram just tastes like a million ants biting my tongue. Almost impossible to take the powder raw.

Now, the first time I took it (about 1.5-2 grams) my brain was so super-opened that it was just more than even the most. I mean completely beyond the beyond.

However, on subsequent doses an empty-head syndrome quite similar to that produced by aniracetam, which took three days to fully dissipate. Remainder of pram was flushed.

I have the odd feeling that I ought to buy some more and try it again, for much longer. Because after stopping I was left with a significant brainpower depth increase. It was amazing, but I'm not sure whether to attribute it to the pram or the oxi, which I was taking along with it.

* Top Of Page

#12 User is offline golden1

* View blog

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:38 AM
    Rated by personal experience(all taken with multivitamin and choline):

1. Aniracetam
    I think it makes most people foggy headed the first couple uses, that is what happened to me as well, but now it does quite the opposite.
    It adds the most focus for me while also greatly lowering anxiety and improving my mood. Enhances vision the most(crispness, greater perception of 3D space, color vividness).

2. Piracetam
    I started out with piracetam and still take it sometimes with aniracetam. Best at enhancing creativity, by far. Positive effect on mood as well.

3. Oxiracetam
    Definitely has positive effects on cognition, but leaves my head feeling tired and drained halfway through the day. It also
    sometimes seems to make me slightly adhedonic (unable to experience pleasure, like a weak depression). Enhances music the most(treble is very enjoyable, seems to increase the perceived volume of the music)

* Top Of Page

#13 Guest_Isochroma_*

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:41 AM
    I must agree that Oxiracetam enhances sound like nothing else. Those waves can almost be tasted on the tongue, inside the brain... more real than real, that was the saying wasn't it?

* Top Of Page

#14 User is offline PiTou

* View blog

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:29 PM
    Sorry for bad english

I have tried all the racetams and still use them on a daily basis. I found each of them different from the others and each of them has strong point when compared. I use piracetam, aniracetam and oxiracetam on a daily basis and I'm very happy with the results. It's increasing concentration, elevate mood and motivation as well as creativity. Color, sound and space perception are also elevated. Pramiracetam (my favorite) worked well but too expensive for daily intake, giving that for me at least 1200mg is necessary to work. Did not tried phenylpiracetam. I use choline bitartrate along with racetams because did not get more results from AlphaGPC.

* Top Of Page

#15 User is offline therealslimshady

* View blog

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:03 AM

View Postgolden1, on Sep 26 2009, 08:38 PM, said:
    Rated by personal experience(all taken with multivitamin and choline):

1. Aniracetam
    I think it makes most people foggy headed the first couple uses, that is what happened to me as well, but now it does quite the opposite.
    It adds the most focus for me while also greatly lowering anxiety and improving my mood. Enhances vision the most(crispness, greater perception of 3D space, color vividness).

2. Piracetam
    I started out with piracetam and still take it sometimes with aniracetam. Best at enhancing creativity, by far. Positive effect on mood as well.

3. Oxiracetam
    Definitely has positive effects on cognition, but leaves my head feeling tired and drained halfway through the day. It also
    sometimes seems to make me slightly adhedonic (unable to experience pleasure, like a weak depression). Enhances music the most(treble is very enjoyable, seems to increase the perceived volume of the music)

Yes I would definitey second golden1. Been taking Piracetam for 2 weeks now, and I feel clear, positive and a general good mood whenever I'm on Piracetam. And by the way, I also notice I'm more fluent than usual with piracetam.

* Top Of Page

#16 User is offline 425runner

* View blog

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:10 AM
    I take Piracetam daily 1600-3200 mg but when I have an interview coming up or many demanding projects going on, or need to be alert on less sleep I switch to Pramiracetam. Prami is more intense, it's really different experience than Piracetam which is more mellow and generally keeps me in a good mood.

Tried Aniracetam but it made me very sleepy....also, I take Alpha GPC and other vitamins daily, inlcuding Sibuthiamine and 1,3 dimethylalanine

Would love to try Oxiracetam someday

anyone used or hard of this stuff seems very good
    THE IRON NEVER LIES TO YOU. YOU CAN WALK OUTSIDE AND LISTEN TO ALL KINDS OF TALK. GET TOLD YOUR GOD OR A COMPLETE BASTARD. THE IRON WILL ALWAYS KICK YOU THE REAL DEAL. THE IRON IS A GREAT REFERENCE POINT, THE ALL KNOWING PERSPECTIVE GIVER. ALWAYS THERE LIKE A BEACON IN THE PITCH BLACK. I HAVE FOUND THE IRON TO BE MY GREATEST FRIEND. IT NEVER FREAKS OUT ON ME, NEVER RUNS. FRIENDS MAY COME AND GO. BUT TWO HUNDRED POUNDS IS ALWAYS TWO HUNDRED POUNDS

Status

Nootropics: their effects, their risks, and where to get them
    (With the perspectives of a user)

Ten years ago I went on a quest to become an expert on coffee and to sample as many different ways of making it and as many different varieties that existed. I tried everything from the French Press to the Coffee Siphon, Hawaiian Kona to Jamaican Blue Mountain. But unsatisfied with mere coffee, I went on a quest to find out how to use chemicals to enhance my mind. It had its roots in old high-school days when I'd bring a sixpack of Jolt cola to a computer-programming marathon: cramming together study halls and lunch breaks in my senior year. The nootropics of that era were caffeine, sugar, cortisol, dopamine, epinephrine and norepineprhine, and the last four in that list were all natural hormones my body was making itself.

The first "smart drug" I heard about was Modafinil, which was described as a pill that could let you stay awake without fatigue for 48 hours, sleep for 8, and then repeat the experience again indefinitely. Modafinil can do that under the right circumstances, but it turns out that it was not a drug that would turn you into a superthinker overnight. "Moda" was to be just one of many substances I'd experience firsthand.

Take apart the word "Nootropic" and you get fragments of Greek words that mean "affecting the mind", but the word is used to label drugs that affect the brain in what we expect is a good way. Each of the drugs described below will have a physiological effect, and my list does not cover substances that bear no published or firsthand evidence of such.

Some of the drugs described below are dangerous, and you must not take them until you have seen a doctor for a physical exam and a psychiatrist for a mental health exam. Both exams are important: one of the drugs below affects homeostasis and can kill someone who isn't in good physical condition. Others affect the production of neurotransmitters, and if you have a mental illness such as depression then they can exacerbate the disease or interfere with its treatment.

The first drugs on our list are commonly regarded as basic nutrients or dietary supplements and aren't harmful. The list will then progress to the stronger substances that I've tried.

I haven't been paid by any of the companies mentioned in this article, but the Amazon links do pay me a percentage. The advertising accompanying this site is Google's AdSense. Where I've listed a retailer to purchase from, it means I have bought that drug from them for personal use.

So that said, beginning with the harmless and escalating in order of increasing risk:
    Iodine
    A critical nutrient, the lack of which leads to mental retardation. It isn't typically included in lists of smart drugs, but it needs to be for two good reasons. The first is that iodine deficiency is responsible for more unrealized intellect worldwide than any other nutritional factor, and populations with poor nutrition can be 10 or 15 IQ points behind the average. The second is that even in western nations you can have an iodine deficiency and not know it. Most westerners get their iodine from iodized salt and enriched flour, But if you prefer to use non-iodized flour or salt for cooking, and you live in an area with low soil iodine levels, then you may not be getting enough.

Iodine is part of the process of making thyroid hormones, and it's here that a deficiency leads not only to retardation but also to goiter. Iodine also acts as an antioxidant (one of the first in biological history--its presence in early blue-green algae made it possible for them to produce oxygen without poisoning themselves in the process, and led to Earth having an oxygen-rich atmosphere).
    Where to get it
    If you are not using iodized salt or enriched flour, then you and your children need to take iodine supplements. Most once-a-day multivitamin pills contain plenty, but check the label because some don't.
    When and how often
    Every morning or with a meal.
    Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)
    Used to treat alcoholics and sleep-apnea patients with memory loss, as it helps to rebuild neurons--particularly those in the mamillary bodies of the hypothalamus in the brain.
    Where to get it
    Pork and yeast have the highest natural concentrations, but most of us get it from cereals (wheat, corn, rice, etc.) In pill form, you can find it in any supermarket or drugstore's nutritional supplements aisle.
    When and how often
    Every morning or with a meal.
    Piracetam and Friends
    A memory enhancer. The racetams ("ra-see-tam") are the first drugs to inspire the term Nootropic, and the trade-name for Piracetam is Nootropil. At the time of writing, their physical effect is believed to be similar to acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, meaning that it disables the action of an enzyme that deactivates a neurotransmitter called acetylcholine. The judicial suppression of this enzyme can lead to greater memory retention. Racetams now come in a large number of formulations, which although they vary at the molecular level, are all based on the same chemical theme and all have the same effect in different degrees. Those on the market are:

* Piracetam
    * Aniracetam
    * Oxiracetam
    * Pramiracetam

All are unregulated in the United States and sold over-the-counter as nutritional supplements. You're unlikely to find them in nutrition stores like GNC or Vitamin World, but all variants are easily found for sale on the Internet.

The differences between the varieties come down to whether they are fat soluble or not, which affects how easily they cross the blood-brain barrier. To you, the matter is not of effectiveness but of convenience. Piracetam is water soluble and extremely cheap ($20 buys a large tub of Piracetam powder, of about 500 doses worth, and which dissolves easily into any beverage), but Oxiracetam and Pramiracetam are fat soluble (add cream to your drink before you dissolve them, if you bought powered forms) and proportionately more effective. Whichever you chose you will get the same bang for the buck.

The racetams are also called cognitive enhancers, but this is a subjective term used when advertising them. Studies of the drug have only tested for, and revealed improvements to memory.

Recetams are currently considered to be risk free, hence their unregulated status. There are no immediate negative side effects, and--at the time of writing--no studies have exposed any long-term negative side-effects.

If you buy a tub of oxiracetam powder and take a teaspoonful, it'll probably have the taste and texture of sugar. But buy it from a reputable source and you won't have been ripped-off. There is a patented method for manufacturing drugs in a form that resembles and tastes like sugar. Piracetam in powdered form tastes like nasty sugar, so try mixing it with chocolate milk or a citrus drink.
    Where to get it
    I have purchased and used Piracetam from the following sources:

* Piracetam is available from
    o Biogenesis Antiaging
    o Bodybuilding.com
    o Smart Powders
    * Aniracetam from
    o Biogenesis Antiaging
    o Smart Powders
    * Oxiracetam from
    o Amazon.com
    o Smart Powders (best value: they offer quantity discounts if you buy 2 or more)
    * Pramiracetam from
    o Biogenesis Antiaging
    o Smart Powders

When and how often
    Users have recommended taking a quadruple-dose 30 minutes before a study session, then taking regular doses every 2-4 hours afterward. Piracetam's suggested regular dose is 800mg (one pill, but check). I have not experienced any side-effects after doses of 3,200mg at one time, but remember that Aniracetam and other formulations are more potent and require lower dosages. The 'racetam family haven't been proven effective as a daily supplement, so their usage ought to be restricted to study sessions specifically.
    Creatine
    An IQ booster. Creatine is already very popular with bodybuilders, and this makes it extremely easy and cheap to obtain. There are dozens of manufacturers and it's sold everywhere that dietary supplements are. It occurs naturally in your body and improves the supply of energy to your muscles. It has been found safe in doses of up to 20 grams per day, but there are known problems in those with kidney and liver disease, as well as those with diabetes or hypoglycemia. Add to that its tendency to increase the production of formaldehyde with long-term use. Its popularity with bodybuilders comes from giving them the ability to do more in a workout, leading to an increase of muscle tissue.

Its nootropic effects come from its effect on the production of Adinosine Triphosphate--the chemical energy that drives cellular activity. This makes it a type of stimulant, and in studies it was found to improve results in tests of fluid intelligence, which is the ability to find meaning in confusion, draw inferences, make symbolic connections, and solve problems. This is compared to crystalized intelligence, such as when you learn how to add, or tie your shoelaces. These studies were performed on vegetarians in order to isolate the effects of the supplement with natural creatine in meat.

Creatine supplements come in two chemical forms: Creatine monophosphate and Creatine ethyl ester. The latter, CEE, is supposed to have higher absorption rates and half-life, but there haven't been any studies that bear this as true. In fact, the addition of the ethyl group appears to hasten its breakdown and instability, meaning that you're better off with the monophosphate variety.
    Creatine and Piracetam
    Recently there's been buzz that Piracetam can be given an extra boost from Creatine supplements. I have not yet found any studies that show or explain the link between the two, however.
    Where to get it

* Any GNC or Vitamin World store
    * BodyBuilding.com
    * Smart Powders

When and how often
    Creatine is a supplement that can be taken daily. Take two 750mg capsules two to three times per day.
    Sulbutiamine
    Is a stimulant as well as a memory enhancer. It's a chemical variant of vitamin B1, and the crucial difference is that it can cross the blood-brain barrier better than conventional B1 (thiamine). The B-family of vitamins tend to be stimulants because of their role in the metabolism of stored energy, and the more sensitive you are to stimulants such as caffeine, the more sensitive you're likely to be to the B vitamins, including Sulbutiamine.

It's sold over-the-counter in powder form. It's better to get it in pill form, if you can, for it has a bitter taste and is hard to mix with drinks without making them taste nasty.

Note: The nutritional supplement company Fast 400 has been selling Sulbutiamine as Sublutiamine, apparently a typo that they haven't fixed. It is the same substance, however.
    Where to get it
    I've noticed an increasing trend to pull pure Sulbutiamine off the market and retail it as a cocktail instead. The following are where I've purchased pure Sulbutiamine in the past, and Your Results May Vary.

* Amazon.com (perpetually out-of-stock, now)
    * Bodybuilding.com (now only seems to be available in "energy pill" cocktails)
    * Smart Powders (best source, still in-stock)

When and how often
    As needed for a stimulant. I have experienced nausea with doses of 800mg.
    Centrophenoxine (Meclofenoxate)
    A memory enhancer first used to treat Alzheimer's disease and senile dementia in the elderly. There's been a rush to raid the Alzheimer medicine cabinet, lately, in the hopes that what will make the senile keep their memory will make the healthy get even smarter, Centrophenoxine is the poster child of this movement. The chemical itself is a compound made from one naturally occurring substance--dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE)--and one synthetic, which is parachlorophenoxyacetate (pCPA). Exactly how it improves memory isn't known, but there are two leads: 1) it's a precursor to the neurotransmitter acetylcholine and may increase levels of it in the brain, and 2) it removes lipofuscin deposits in the brain and skin.

Lipofuscin on the skin lead to "liver spots", while its build-up in the brain is suspected to be behind the "plaques" that are observed in brain tissue samples taken from Alzheimer's patients. The theory for Alzheimers is that the lipofuscin clogs ion channels on the surface of nerve cells, preventing the movement of potassium through these channels and degrading memory and cognition in the process.

Centrophenoxine gave the author mild nausea when it was taken on an empty stomach, but not when taken with food. Avoid it completely if you suffer from high blood pressure or epilepsy. It's available over-the-counter from nutritional stores, but usually only those on the Internet. Like with the racetams and Sulbutiamine, I have not seen it in main-street nutrition stores.
    Where to get it

* Bodybuilding.com (best value, when they have it in stock)
    * Biogenesis Antiaging

When and how often
    Centrophenoxine's benefit comes from preventative maintenance. Take 250 to 500mg per day in the morning with breakfast.
    Modafinil (Provigil / Alertec)
    Quackery
    Ginko Biloba
    Is bunk. It's still marketed as a memory enhancing herbal supplement, but its banner test case--Alzheimer's--turned up squat. Other findings conducted on healthy adults and published in JAMA also concluded that the supplement has no effect on long-term memory.
    Now we're cooking with gas. It was first prescribed to narcoleptics to help them stay awake during the day, and then used by the Navy and Air Force to help pilots stay alert on long missions. Modafinil keeps you awake and alert, has an effectiveness that spans up to 8 hours, and increases the capacity of your working memory. It remains prescription-only in the United States, and any US resident would need to either obtain a prescription from a doctor, or purchase it from a foreign supplier.

Modafinil increases the level of dopamine in the brain, and is therefore potentially addictive. I will go out on a limb to say I've not developed an addiction to it, in spite of taking it frequently, but this is only my experience. Do not take Modafinil if you have cirrhosis of the liver or heart disease, and do not mix it with alcohol.

Because this list is given in order of increasing risk, I'll point out that Modafinil is our turning point between unregulated "nutritional supplements" and drugs that are powerful enough to stay behind the counter. From Modafinil and onwards in this list, you will not want to take these if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have not received a physical exam from a doctor in the past year.

As yet, few side effects are known that would threaten your health. But since 1998, the FDA has seen several cases of dermatologic (skin) reactions to Modafinil, some severe enough to require hospitalization. I have only experienced mild headaches and stomach discomfort, however.

Modafinil is broken down by the liver enzyme CYP 3A4, and 3A4 itself is inhibited by the naturally occurring chemicals found in grapefruit juice. Doctors who prescribe Modafinil therefore warn their patients against drinking grapefruit juice while they're on the medication (and as it happens, many other drugs are broken down by 3A4 and are similarly affected). Given that Modafinil has low overdose potential, the author tried deliberately taking it with grapefruit juice but did not perceive a change in effect.

Modafinil can promote wakefulness without the jitters of caffeine, and under the right conditions can let you stay awake for 48-hours without feeling excessively sleepy. But taking it doesn't mean you'll suddenly be fatigue-free and spend the next two days wide awake; Modafinil--used as a nootropic--helps those who already have a good sleep pattern. The author was not able to dispatch sleep by popping a few pills, but he was able to perform and concentrate superbly under its influence for hours at a time.

Take about 100mg for every 100lbs of body weight, anything less and you won't feel much of a difference. If you take the right dose then in about an hour you'll start to feel a subtle buzz, like someone swapped the battery in your brain with one that has a higher voltage. Take the first dose in the morning, and--if necessary--a second dose in the afternoon. While some have used it to pull all-nighters, you can't use it to eliminate sleep--there's no drug which can do that. Nor should you take it every day for nootropic use, because your body will adjust and require higher doses to get the same effect. My practice is to use it no more than once a week on a day that I've set aside for an important project.

If you want to take it for nootropic effect then don't take it when you feel tired, because while it will lift you out of your stupor it will just be an expensive way to get the same effect as a nap and a cup of coffee.

Modafinil is far and away the superior alertness drug, but it is expensive. A 30x100mg package of Progivil will cost around US$175, while the licensed brand Alertec is at least $140. The author suggests talking to your doctor (it is prescribed for excessive daytime sleepiness caused by third-shift work or sleep apnea), or purchasing it from an overseas supplier.

Beware of firms that advertise prices significantly lower than the above, because you will probably not get the real thing. The author very nearly got ripped off by a firm that was advertising 100x200mg packages for $90. These will come from countries that manufacture it generically despite the patent.

About 2-3 hours after taking a dose of Modafinil you will notice a change in the odor of your urine--somewhat like the odor after eating asparagus. This is normal and caused by the sulphur metabolites of the drug when your body breaks it down.

Generic modafinil should become available in 2012, but this is only after generic drug makers contested Cephalon's patents that cover both modafinil itself and its formulation as a drug. It may not go truly generic until 2015.
    Adrafinil (Olmifon) and other formulations
    Adrafinil is Modafinil lite, but specifically a prodrug that your body will metabolize into Modafinil in vivo. It's both cheaper than Modafinil and unregulated in the United States, but you have to take a much larger dosage to get the same effect. Being unregulated doesn't mean it's available over-the-counter at your local drugstore, though; you'll still need to order it over the Internet.

As a cautionary note, Adrafinil is harder on your liver than Modafinil is. I don't yet know if it's because its metabolites are toxic, or because the liver has to do more work to convert it into Modafinil on its way to being broken down entirely, but it would be unwise to take this drug (or any drug not directly prescribed) if you have liver problems.

Cephalon has also introduced a similar drug called Nuvigil (Armodafinil), which is the right-hand enantiomer of Modafinil--another way of saying it's Modafinil's sister, or what you get when the molecule is flipped back-to-front like a mirror image. Many drugs fit into this class called stereoisomers, where the drug molecule comes in "left hand" and "right hand" shapes. Sometimes the two enantiomers have the same physiological effect in the body, and when the patent is due to expire on the "left hand" version the Pharmacy company patents and begins selling the right-hand version. The popular heartburn medicine Prilosec (Omeprazole), for example, has an identically functioning twin sister called Nexium (Esomeprazole), but while you can now get generic Omeprazole OTC, Nexium is still a patented drug sold by prescription.

And this is what Armodafinil is. So far it seems to have the same effect as Modafinil, but the looming 2012 availability of generic Modafinil has spurred Cephalon to market Armodafinil (Nuvigil) as a "better" version for a broader range of ailments (including bipolar disorder and schizophrenia).
    Where to get it

* Your doctor, by prescription
    * Biogenesis Antiaging - They will sell it to you without a prescription and ship to the US, although it'll take a couple of weeks. So far, none of my shipments (4 and counting) have been stopped at the border, but there is a risk. Biogenesis claims that they will reship it at least once if it gets confiscated.

When and how often
    Not more than twice a week in doses of 200mg or less. I have tried taking big doses (400mg at once, and 200mg in the morning followed by 200mg at noon) without any substantial effect. If you want to march for 48 hours then you need to take a bodyweight-appropriate dosage every 18 hours.

Moda is for when you need it. It's not a supplement. Your body will get used to it and then the next "wake-me-up" dosage will just cost you more.
    Drug Interactions
    The author discovered firsthand how Omeprazole (A.K.A. Prilosec, an over-the-counter acid control drug) interacts with Modafinil in a bad way. Side effects of the interaction included polyuria (frequent urination), bowel irritation, headaches and abdominal discomfort. Omeprazole can also interact with many other neuroactive drugs because one of its many side-effects is to increase the porosity of the blood-brain barrier. If you are taking Omeprazole then do not take Modafinil, adrafinil or armodafinil. You will be too busy going to the bathroom to enjoy the effect.
    Nicotine
    Windows and Linux were written by geeks chugging Pepsi and Mountain Dew, but the Saturn V and the Lunar Lander were designed by engineers puffing on cigarettes. Nicotine is a stimulant that can increase concentration. To insects it's a poison (the tobacco plant produced it because it killed herbivorous bugs). It can be absorbed through the lungs by smoking tobacco or it can be absorbed through the skin by chewing nicotine gum (most of the nicotine is absorbed through the cheeks and tongue, just as with chewing tobacco) or by wearing a nicotine patch.

The effects of smoking on your health are well discussed outside of this article, so I'll focus on its mental effects: Nicotine can cross the blood-brain barrier very easily--about seven seconds from the first puff--and binds to nicotinic acetylcholine receptors on nerve cells. One consequence of this is the increase of dopamine in the brain that brings about a sensation called a "buzz". It induces the liver into releasing glucose, providing a sense of increased energy, and it stimulates the adrenal gland into producing epinephrine (adrenaline). Then there is the major metabolite of nicotine called cotinine, which is being investigated under the speculation that it has an effect on cognition, too.

Acetylcholine is the neurotransmitter that activates skeletal muscle cells, making them flex. But because of a single amino-acid difference between brain-cell acetylcholine receptors and muscle-cell receptors, nicotine will activate brain cells without activating muscle cells. That's a difference between life and death, for if it did activate muscle-cell acetylcholine receptors then nicotine would kill with a mechanism similar to the way nerve gas works. Now you know how tobacco plants deploy their own insecticide: insects don't have this difference, and the nicotine in tobacco plants kills them.

With cigarettes you'll have a choice of regular or mentholated. The addition of menthol increases the half-life of nicotine in the bloodstream because it inhibits the oxidization and glucose breakdown of the drug by the enzyme CYP 2B6, similar to the way the components of grapefruit juice inhibit CYP 3A4 and extend the half-life of modafinil.

Besides cigarettes there are now chewing gums, patches, and battery-powered false cigarettes that deliver nicotine via steam, but these are not like a "Get Out Of Cancer Free" card.

My experience with cigarettes is that they do not contribute much towards mental powers, not enough to justify their use. I entertained the thought that the "buzz" could be beneficial for rare--once-a-year problems that require intense concentration to crack--but there doesn't seem to be any advantage over a good night's sleep followed by a fresh cup of coffee.
    Where to get it
    Tobacconists, drugstores, supermarkets.
    When and how often
    In general "never" is how often because of its addictiveness, additives, and nature as a carcinogen. Outside of that, nicotine's value as a stimulant appears to work best when you are working on a difficult problem that matters. This is strictly Your Judgement, Your Risk.
    Desmopressin
    Other Cognitive Enhancers
    These drugs can also function as cognitive boosters, but have not been tried by the author.
    Adderall and Ritalin
    Both are amphetamine stimulants--and Schedule II controlled drugs--that are prescribed for Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in children and adults. It also has extensive use off-label as "focus in a pill", the "study drug", or a drug that makes it easier to concentrate and stay awake.

For nootropic use by students looking to ace their exams, it should be taken 30 minutes before a study session, and the study session should replicate the kind of environment they expect to be in when they take their exam. IE: At the same time of day, similar lighting conditions, sitting with the same posture, and with no distractions. On the day of the exam the student would need to take another dose of Adderall 30 minutes before the exam starts in order to settle into the same mood and state of attention they were in when studying. It's the matching of mood and environment that makes it easier to recall the material.

Addrall, being a stimulant, can cause heart attacks in people with a history of heart disease and seizures in people who have a history of seizures--sufficient that one should think twice about taking it recreationally, even if you don't think you have a medical problem. There are also a large number of adverse drug interactions with Adderall, particularly antidepressants.

If that wasn't enough, some of the effects of long-term use of Adderall are coming to bear. Scientific American has published an article citing evidence of cognitive decline. Heavy users of the stimulant who suddenly discontinue taking it will also find themselves "falling off a cliff" into extreme fatigue and depression.
    This turns on the tape-recorder in your brain. It's also the most dangerous nootropic in the list because it interferes with homeostasis. Desmopressin is a synthetic analogue to the natural hormone vasopressin, which not only acts as a vasoconstrictor (shrinking the diameter of blood vessels) but also affects the hypothalamus and vastly improves memory formation. For nootropic use you need the nasal spray as to absorb the drug through the nasal membrane closest to the brain. Its effect is almost instantaneous and its users tend to take it immediately before lectures, conferences, and study periods. The effect can last for several hours and tends to leave one with a stronger recollection of the material studied while under its influence.

Do not take Desmopressin if you have high blood pressure. You may recall at the beginning of this article that I said these drugs would be listed in order of increasing risk. We're now at the end of the list and--if you pardon my language--you do not want to fuck with Desmo. I even placed it after smoking since it can kill you much faster and with fewer doses. Here's the deal:

* A vasoconstrictor will increase your blood pressure
    * It will make your kidneys retain water, so another effect of Desmopressin is to reduce urine production (Desmopressin is commonly prescribed to prevent bedwetting)
    * Part of your body's homeostasis mechanism is to regulate blood water content by removing it--via the kidneys--into the bladder
    * Having too much water in your bloodstream can lead to electrolyte imbalance, and in severe cases this is called hyponatremia, or "water poisoning"
    * Hyponatremia is difficult to treat. If your doctors cannot control the rebalancing of your electrolytes, you may experience central pontine myelinolysis--nerve damage to the central pons area of the brain stem, which regulates autonomic functions such as breathing. Heart failure is also possible.

Use Desmopressin irresponsibly and you'll enjoy the rest of your life in an iron lung, unless you die before they can hook you up to one. If you remember the "Hold your wee for a Wii" contest held by a radio station, where a woman held her bladder for so long she died, know that she died of hyponatremia--the same malady that can be caused by the wrongful use of this drug.

If you were to take Desmopressin then you must avoid heavy exercise and the excessive consumption of liquids for at least 6 hours afterwards. Do not drink sport drinks such as Gatorade or Powerade. Drink only when thirsty and only until you're no longer thirsty.

Desmopressin costs about $25 for a nasal spray bottle containing enough liquid for 6-7 doses, and is available over the Internet without a prescription from suppliers such as Biogenesis Antiaging. For nootropic use, hold your breath while you administer about 2 squirts per nostril, then breathe in through your nose. You may experience a runny nose and sneezing, but this is normal and will go away. The author has also experienced a mild buzz immediately after use that diminished after a few minutes.

Desmopressin should not be used more than once a week. It isn't a supplement and it won't make you smarter. It's what you would take before you have to study and memorize material that doesn't lend itself to memorization easily, such as a lecture.

In many ways, this drug is the opposite of alcohol. Booze makes you pee and forget things, while Desmopressin restricts urine production and makes you remember everything, and the mechanisms for each are strikingly similar. Alcohol is a vasodilator: it makes your blood vessels expand and encourages the kidneys to remove more water from your blood. But you would be a fool--perhaps a dead fool--if you were to mix the both in hopes to get the fuzz of alcohol without the side-effects.
    Where to get it

* Biogenesis Antiaging

When and how often
    Immediately before studying or attending a lecture. Never more than once a week. Never before heavy exercise. Never before drinking alcohol or lots of fluids. This is not a nutritional supplement, it is a drug and it's dangerous.
    Are these "Brains in a pill"?
    None of these drugs, nor any other kind of drug, can make you smart on their own. They are just like the protein supplements and amino acids sold to bodybuilders: they can't make you strong, only exercise can do that, but the idea is that the right nutrition combined with the right exercise will make you stronger than the exercise alone.

Taking these drugs and then vegging-out in front of TV will only turn you into a dope who knows a lot about TV. They will only work to make you smarter, or remember more material, or hold your focus longer if you combine them with study and mental exercise.
    The responsible use of "smart drugs"
    Sport drinks, dietary supplements and amino acids are safe and acceptable chemicals used by athletes and fitness enthusiasts every day with no ill effects or moral hazard. They improve health and physique, if simply because humans are animals of a chemical origin with chemistry at the heart of our basic functions. In the above I've covered everything that I've personally used myself, and all but cigarettes and Desmo should be considered on the same level as what you'll find in a GNC or Vitamin World store on any street in America.

Some substances that are otherwise safe are banned in sports competition because they confer an unfair advantage. Modafinil happens to be one of them because it can improve endurance. In competition we certainly should ban these substances if the point is to discover the natural excellence of man. But nootropics are different. If you are dying of a disease and the cure was invented by a surgeon under the influence of any of the above substances, then it would be quite absurd to bring up fairness of competition. Life isn't a competition, and it isn't a zero-sum game.
    THE IRON NEVER LIES TO YOU. YOU CAN WALK OUTSIDE AND LISTEN TO ALL KINDS OF TALK. GET TOLD YOUR GOD OR A COMPLETE BASTARD. THE IRON WILL ALWAYS KICK YOU THE REAL DEAL. THE IRON IS A GREAT REFERENCE POINT, THE ALL KNOWING PERSPECTIVE GIVER. ALWAYS THERE LIKE A BEACON IN THE PITCH BLACK. I HAVE FOUND THE IRON TO BE MY GREATEST FRIEND. IT NEVER FREAKS OUT ON ME, NEVER RUNS. FRIENDS MAY COME AND GO. BUT TWO HUNDRED POUNDS IS ALWAYS TWO HUNDRED POUNDS

Status

bump

Status

I just purchased three of the Racetam products. I'll give my own reviews when they come in. I've been needing something like this for a long time now. I appreciate the very informative article.
    People aren't rational, they create a false logic to justify their emotional responses.

Status

im getting Oxiracetam myself nex week

Status

I'm trying to figure out what you're tying to accomplish here without reading all that info above. My take on it, is that you're trying to take some kind of substance to increase your studying abilities?
    Xavier's Security Enforcer

XSE

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what you're tying to accomplish here without reading all that info above. My take on it, is that you're trying to take some kind of substance to increase your studying abilities?
    Your close Bishop, memory cognition. I can only speak for myself but, I would love it if this stuff worked even half as good as all these people across the net say it does. I take some DR prescribed meds that I'm on for life that mess with my thinking ability. Really foggy headed,memory is not very good, thinking is slowed way down. These memory boosters appear to be the real deal.

Modafinal is on the list but, I find it to be too much. It makes you very very speedy without the aftereffects of other similar drugs. It really boosts the memory. When I used to take it I kept asking myself how people could think/move so slow. Ultra thirsty and shaly though. If I was forced to take ephedrine or modafinal its the moda hands down.

Anyhow, i digress, it will be interesting to see how it works for me.
    People aren't rational, they create a false logic to justify their emotional responses.

Status

This stuff interests me too, I have tried DMAE which I'm not sure is classed as a smart drug and was not sure if I noticed any effects. If I did they were quite subtle.

D.Boone would you recommend giving modafinil a go or do you really not like it?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DanielC View Post
    This stuff interests me too, I have tried DMAE which I'm not sure is classed as a smart drug and was not sure if I noticed any effects. If I did they were quite subtle.

Just be careful if you are gonna try some modafinal. It is a very very serious drug. Try a small amount first and see how you like it. I don't remember what mg the pills I had were but, I don't think that they were even all that high.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DanielC View Post

Check out modafinal lite---Adrafinil (Olmifon)

Status

I received the Oxi,Ani,Prami racetams today. I haven't taken any Ani as it seems that people report and up n down rollercoaster and fogged up memory. I took 600mg Pramiracetam and 800mg Oxiracetam. @ 3pm. I don't know which one is doing what but my thinking is very fluid, I have a real genrealized sense of well being, and my focus is razor sharp. I've never ever had this kind of focus/concentration in my entire life. I don't have that on speed feeling, I'm not bouncing off of walls. Memory feels nice and sharp. I can't believe I didn't discover this stuff sooner.

The alpha GPC is supposed to keep choline levels higher as this stuff uses up choline apparently. Waiting on that still. It made me feel completely awake, no groginess, no desire for coffee.

I need to encapsulate the pramiracetam. That has to be the worst tasting stuff ever. It doesn't mix well with milk at all. It freaking cleared my sinuses in a hurry too. In the morning I'm going to up the dosages of both of these to maybe double where they are now. It is my understanding that a loading period is needed with some of these to get the full effect.

anyhow I'm very pleased with my investment in these supplements at the moment.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by D_Boone View Post
    I received the Oxi,Ani,Prami racetams today. I haven't taken any Ani as it seems that people report and up n down rollercoaster and fogged up memory. I took 600mg Pramiracetam and 800mg Oxiracetam. @ 3pm. I don't know which one is doing what but my thinking is very fluid, I have a real genrealized sense of well being, and my focus is razor sharp. I've never ever had this kind of focus/concentration in my entire life. I don't have that on speed feeling, I'm not bouncing off of walls. Memory feels nice and sharp. I can't believe I didn't discover this stuff sooner.

The alpha GPC is supposed to keep choline levels higher as this stuff uses up choline apparently. Waiting on that still. It made me feel completely awake, no groginess, no desire for coffee.

I need to encapsulate the pramiracetam. That has to be the worst tasting stuff ever. It doesn't mix well with milk at all. It freaking cleared my sinuses in a hurry too. In the morning I'm going to up the dosages of both of these to maybe double where they are now. It is my understanding that a loading period is needed with some of these to get the full effect.

anyhow I'm very pleased with my investment in these supplements at the moment.
    Very interesting read. It would be nice to have mental focus prior to a workout without the stim feeling, at a fairly reasonable price.

Status

i got mine on monday i got Oxiracetam and aniracetam feels nice but the oxi really calmes me down so memory is awesome. im using 1/4 tsp of each about 560 mg ani and 900 mg oxi

Status

Nootropics 4: Racetams
    Racetams

As I said last time, Racetams are the most outstanding members of the Nootropic family. Many believe the Racetam genius kick-started the entire Phyla of agents we call Nootropics. It is fitting that I begin with the Racetams.

The first thing that must be understood about the the Racetams is that they are not stimulants. They do not increase your heart rate, respiration, blood pressure, body temperature, or adrenaline levels. Ergo, they cannot be classified as stimulants. Racetams will not wake you up in the morning if you are having a bit of trouble summoning the energy to get out of bed.

How do they work? The mechanism of the racetams is not completely understood. We believe they work by modulating the most important neurtransmitters in the brain; particularly acetylcholine and glutamate. Some strongly interact with glutamatergic AMPA receptors on your neurons. Because AMAP receptors are in the same location as cholinergic receptors they increase the firing rate of cholinergic receptors. This increases memory capacity. Racetams also optimize communication across the corpus collosum, the neuro synapse that allows the right brain and left brain to communicate and cooperate.

When taken, the user feels enhanced mental clarity, focus, calmness, recall of facts and techniques, an easier time identifying patterns in data, or drawing distinctions between points of data. You simply feel an enhanced capacity to deal with mental work, analyze problems, and work out solutions. I would say it easier to combine analysis and creative work at the same time, due to a better functioning neuro synapse.

I should mention, in passing, that programmers usually get pretty excited when I tell them this. It would appear to be the perfect thing for us.

There are many members of the racetam family. Among them, four stand out for their Nootropic effect. In order of age and power (lowest power first, strongest power last) these four are:

1. Piracetam: The Granddaddy of them all.
    2. Oxiracetam: The second generation water soluble improvement.
    3. Aniracetam: The third generation fat soluble improvement
    4. Pramiracetam: The fourth generation fat soluble improvement.

As you can surmise, the Racetam family has been getting more powerful with each new generation. The newest agent, Pramiracetam is the most powerful member of the family

All four of these agents are unique and distinct. All are similar in most ways. Broadly speaking, these four agents break down into two categories: water soluble and fat soluble. Piracetam and Oxiracetam are water soluble. Aniracetam and Pramiracetam are fat soluble.

Water soluble racetams have a shorter half-life, and a weaker effect. Fat soluble racetams have a longer half-life and a more powerful effect. It is not just a longer effect, it is a more powerful effect. We'll discuss ampakines in a moment. Water solubles are processed out of your system by your kidneys and excreted in your urine. Fat solubles are processes out of your system by your intestines, and excreted with your feces. The urine cycle is faster than the feces cycle. This is the key reason for the shorter and longer half-life.

Piracetam has a stated half-life of approximately 4 hours. This means you will need to take it twice during a standard 8 hour work day. Oxiracetam has a stated half-life of 3 hours. I found it to be shorter than that. You might need to take it three times per standard 8 hour work day. The half-life for Aniracetam is stated at 2.5 hours. That figure was computed in rat studies, not human studies. I say that figure is absolute rubbish. I have found that a single 800mg dose of Aniracetam can sustain the Nootropic effect all day long. Pramiracetam has the longest stated half-life of 4.5 to 6.5 hours. Based on personal use, I find this figure to be reasonable.

The power of each Racetam agent is usually measured in terms of dossage necessary to achieve the Nootropic effect. Piracetam, the granddaddy, is used as the benchmark, or the reference point.

Most authorities believe a dosage of 2.4 grams of Piracetam is necessary to trigger a substantial Nootropic effect. Folks often take 3x800mg tablets of Nootropil (Piracetam) and this will work. Piracetam is both the oldest and the weakest of the four agents. It is better than nothing, and its effect is measurable. However, it is the least desirable of the four. It is still favored by many. I regard it as an out-dated and outmoded technology.

Oxiracetam is rated at 2 to 4 times the power of Piracetam, meaning that a single gram should trigger the Nootropic effect. People often take just one 800mg capsule of Oxiracetam. This produces an excellent effect. Allowing Oxiracetam powder to dissolve under the tongue is much better still. It is water soluble, will dissolve in your saliva, and does not taste bad. When absorbed sublingually, the effect is felt almost immediately. There is powerful and pleasant calming and focusing effect that takes hold within a minute or two of sublingual administration. For my money the calming effect is a bit too strong, and the Nootropic effect is too short. Oxiracetam is still favored by many. I regard it as an out-dated and outmoded technology.

Aniracetam is rated at 4 to 8 times the power of Piracetam. This should indicate that you need no more than 300-600mg to trigger the Nootropic effect. For reasons unknown, Aniracetam is usually shipped in 800mg capsules. {It was also offered in a bulk powder form, but no more.} This dossage is more than sufficient to trigger the Nootropic effect. For more than a year, I considered Aniracetam to be the most desirable member of the Racetam family. It had the longest effect, and the most impressive effect of the three I had tried, thus far. Most other experianced users felt the same.

Pramiracetam is rated at 8 to 30 times the power of Piracetam. This should indicate that you need no more than 300mg to trigger the effect. You might be able to get by with as little as 80mg. Pramiracetam is commonly sold in 300mg and 400mg tablets and capsules. Pramiracetam is the newest agent of the four. It has been available on the market for less than 1 year. It has been readily available for less than 4 months. I have only been using it now for approximately 2 months. I am still evaluating this substance.

I am not prepared to issue a final verdict on Pramiracetam, however I will give you a few pointers. As stated, Pramiracetam is extremely powerful. Due to the recession, we are going through a slow cycle here at my company. I have not been challenged to do anything substantial at work in some 6 months. Ergo, I have not tested this agent under combat conditions.

However, when given minor challenges {like setting up a full Java web application server and JTrac for the first time} I have been shocked by how easily I have risen to meet the challenge, and how quickly it all came together. The focus and brain power has been there when I have needed it. On the downside, Pramiracetam produces a nervous anxiety which is quite the opposite of the Oxiracetam effect. Whereas Oxiracetam has a pleasant calming effect, Pramiracetam did create a form of nervous anxiety during the first week or two. This seems to have been tapering off lately.

If you are prone to anxiety, you will prefer Oxiracetam or Aniracetam. If you are not naturally anxious, you will probably like Pramiracetam. I am borderline. Often enough, I am calm. Occasionally, I have anxiety. Pramiracetam can tip me over into an worried and nervous state, if I don't have something good and challenging to focus on.

There is another dimension to the Racetam family that must be addressed. That is the ampakine effect. The minority report states that all Racetams are ampakines. The majority report states that the fat-soluble Racetams are ampakines, and the water soluble Racetams are not ampakines. This much is certain: Aniracetam and Pramiracetam are ampakines. Piracetam and Oxiracetam are very doubtful.

So just what is an ampakine anyhow? According to Wikipedia, Ampakines are a new class of compound known to enhance attention span, alertness, while facilitating new learning and memory. Amapakine agents strongly interact with glutamatergic AMPA receptors on your neurons. Ampakines are being used against Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, Schizophrenia, and ADHD. They are also being researched by DARPA, where it is believed they could enhance the combat readiness of soldigers.

At this moment in time, July 2009, Pramiracetam is the king of the Ampakine hill. A newer agent called CX717, invented in 1996, is currently in phase II of FDA clinical trials. It should eventually dethrone Pramiracetam, and become the new king. Funding for CX717 research & FDA trials has been provided by DARPA, a fact I find very interesting.

I think the defense department has high hopes for a CX717 powered military machine. This would be a military where commanders and troops make better decisions in combat, under duress, because their brains are functioning better and faster than those of the enemy. This is the power amplifier of intelligence, initiative and strategy. Peace advocates can hope they will do fewer stupid things, and get it over with faster, due to better brains.

In conclusion

The Racetam family is known for its super-low toxicity level. Even large over-doses are tolerated well by the body. The most negative consequence of Racetam overdose is gastro-intestinal upset, gas, and diarriah. In other words, you get an upset tummy, and possibly the runs. This is nothing in comparison with the ghastly consequences of over dosing on numerous other drugs.

For this reason, the FDA has chosen not to regulate access to members of the Racetam family. No perscription is necessary to purchase any Racetam family member in the United States. It is perfectly legal to buy through the internet here in the U.S. Buy from an English or Canadian pharmacies if you like. They can ship it straight to you via plain old USPS with no issues.

I did experiance a bit of gas-pressure and a bit of constipation when I first began using Piracetam, but that went away after a few short weeks. Even large dossages don't upset my tummy anymore.

So where can you buy these things? Well, I am not paid to make endorsements, so I won't make any endorsements. But if you were to do a google shopping search or an ebay search for these names, you will find what you are looking for. I purchase through ebay.

Status

looking to get this soon Pramiracetam seems to be strongest of all

Status

Half life times are my only complaint. For me the Pramiracetam seems to wear out after 6hours and the oxi in about 3.

Status

So I've got the Alpha GPC going now. This stuff is the catalyst that the racetams need for full effect. Total calm and clear quick thinking. Felt like I could work out harder with it too. enhanced memory and clinical studies have shown it to get the body to create/release more growth hormone, now we're talking!!

Status

United States

Quote Originally Posted by eddie85 View Post
    Aniracetam vs. Oxiracetam vs. Pramiracetam
    Preview

.......Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:47 AM
    As many of you may know, I am/was considering the purchase of a pramiracetam supplement. However, ever since I discovered Bulk Nutrition, I considered that it might be wise to spend less money and purchase aniracetam or oxiracetam instead. Which supplement do most people derive the most benefit from? I'm chiefly interested in enhancing my memory, ability to concentrate, and mathematic reasoning skills (I'm taking a challenging physics course...and I'm NOT a "math person!").

Opinions would be appreciated......47:

Eddie, I really enjoyed this post! Good for you taking that physics course. What a challenge! I heard about these smart drugs, nootropics, and in fact purchased a copy of 'Smart Drugs' #1, Dean, Merganthaler, and Fowkes, some years ago. There's a 'Smart Drug II' book out that I plan on purchasing.

Years a doc put me on a 'cocktail' of meds for adhd. I ended up with a lesser cognitive abilities and memories prolly from the klonopin. Klonopin can be a 'dumming down' drug, I hear.

I'd like to purchase but I need to see if they would help or cause issues with my current meds...dexedrine for adhd and trileptal for hypo bi-polar.... alleged...lol OR perhaps I could ween off trileptal, if they would work better.

I read a good article online last night, gives some good info re these drugs:

http://www.nootropics.com/
    Ms. Terrible T

You are the vibrational writers of the script of your life, and everyone else in the Universe is playing the part that you have assigned to them.

Excerpted from the workshop in San Francisco, CA on Sunday, March 2nd, 1997

Our Love,
    Jerry and Esther

Anabolex Mod

Status

I take Nootropics prior to training and they really help me with my focus. I find it works better for strength training than bodybuilding though. I state that because the "imagining" of performing the lift is a lot more "realistic" than imaging a ballooning bicep from doing curls.

I take piracetam, DMAE, and two supplements that amount to a cheap version of "Body Quick" (an overpriced Nootropic that works pretty good).

I have never noticed an improved cognizance for my work. But if that's a side effect, so be it.

All the best,
    Jimmy

Status

I've pretty much dropped the pramiracetam. It would help wake me up if I was very tired but, It gave me a lot of anxiety and seemed to be rolling over the effects of the other racetams. Aniracetam together with oxiracetam seems to be a very good combination. something along the lines of 1600mg Aniracetam with 800mg oxiracetam.

I just stared taking Adrafinil (Olmifon) at a dose of 150mg once daily. The very ultimate in clear thinking. Gives me a little more motivation too. Still need some caffine though. Drinking much more water for slight dehydration. I feel the Racetams working but nothing comes online like the Adrafinil. 20-30minutes after ingestion you start getting some flashing in your mind/sight. Nothing dangerous or painful. Just your awareness kind of going up and down for a couple of minutes until you are just up. Difficult to describe it any better.

Anyone else have experiences with these substances?

Status

Aniracetam with Adrafinil is the key combination for me. One 800mg Aniracetam and one 300mg Adrafinil twice a day. The half life is 6 hours. For 6 hours I'm vibrant, clear of thought, wide awake, extremely lucid, memory like an elephant. Oxiracetam made me too mellow. Pramiracetam would wake me up fast but, it was causing a lot of anxiety. It has taken some time to evaluate these substances at different milligrams and combinations. It's trial and error but, I found what works for me. I also take the aforementioned supplements with Alpha GPC twice daily. The only side effects that I've noticed are at times a mild stomach pain. It is nothing unbearable. Is anyone else still trying these supplements?