Thread: drinking egg beaters

Status

Default drinking egg beaters

Ok I read thru before about how bad eating raw eggs because of the avidin in the egg that prevents the protein from being digested..
    Egg beater ( egg white) do they carry the same problem with the avidin. I saw where they were pasturized and was wondering if this current the problem
    In the morning its easier to drink 2 cups ( 8 egg white) down and then eat my oatmeal and bananas.. for breakfast. I also eat 4 eggs scrambled from microwave to make sure im getting a complete meal..
    Any advice or suggestion would be great!

Status

Go to my post about raw eggs.....Drinking Egg Beaters straight will not help you. THe protein must be denatureized first so you absorb it. Here's a link...but go to the other post as well

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Go to my post about raw eggs.....Drinking Egg Beaters straight will not help you. THe protein must be denatureized first so you absorb it. Here's a link...but go to the other post as well

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716
    even if they have been pasturized.. ?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bake1550 View Post
    even if they have been pasturized.. ?

Pasteurisation is the process of heating liquids for the purpose of destroying viruses and harmful organisms such as bacteria, protozoa, molds, and yeasts. The process was named after the French microbiologist/chemist Louis Pasteur. The pasteurisation process was 1st done by Pasteur and Claude Bernard on April 20, 1862. The temperature used for pasteurizing is often lower than boiling temp.

Denaturation is the major change in protein structure by application of some external stress for example, treatment of proteins with strong acids or bases, high concentrations of inorganic salts or organic solvents, or heat.

The egg protein must be denaturized before it can be used efficiently by the body.

Status

interesting. thanks for the info.

Status

Does this mean that I have wasted thousands of dollars by drinking my egg whites? I hope not, they are delicious...

Status

I have been doing reading online and have found about a 50/50 split on this. Half say dont do it.. then the other half say its a myth.....

Status

lol im with you bm11, i throw liquid eggwhites in my postworkoutshakes or in a shke for breakfeast if im runnin late. wat a waist

Site Sponsor

Status

if you can get the shipped to you (which was TOUGH INT) liquid egg whites are AWESOME!

Status

Our 100% pure liquid egg whites from Egg Whites International are heat pasteurized and salmonella tested. The pasteurization process heats the egg white to 134 degrees for 3 � minutes. This heat kills the salmonella and neutralizes the Avidin to allow the egg whites to be digested safely by the human body. When you cook an egg white to the point of scrambled eggs, you are overcooking the protein and denaturing the true value of the protein.

Therefore, 100% Pure Liquid Egg Whites are liquid but not raw, making them the purest form of protein, known to man, In The Entire World!

http://www.eggwhitesint.com/

QUICK FACTS
    - All Natural
    - 100% Bio-Available
    - Pure Amino Acids
    - 26g of Protein per Cup
    - Fat Free
    - Cholesterol Free
    - Pasteurized
    - 100% Safe
    - Salmonella Tested
    - USDA Inspected
    - No Preservatives

Status

yessss, it isnt a waiste! i mean even on the carton it has a lil recipe for people to make a protien fruit smoothie with the egg whites. that always made me figure it was ok to drink but wasnt 100 percent sure.

Status

so, if i put raw eggs (or egg white) in blender with protein, fruit and other stuff, its a waste?? hope not.... done 1000 times...

Status

So i looked at my egg beaters and they are pasturized? I assume the pasturization process also neutralizes the Avidin .??

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bake1550 View Post
    So i looked at my egg beaters and they are pasturized? I assume the pasturization process also neutralizes the Avidin .??
    Pasteurization most certainly neutralizes avidin. If you are concerned, supplement with Biotin (cheap! ~$3). As avidin voraciously binds to biotin in the body.

Biotin is required for protein synthesis, but is mostly deficient in vegans, not carnivores.

Status

i drink white and am strong like bull.

Status

Man this whole raw egg white thing won't die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAW EGGS I.E. THE YOLK PLUS THE WHITE is the best bodybuilding food you can put down your trap. The problem is eating raw egg whites WITHOUT the yolk. It will cause a biotin deficiency in the body. So that is why you must cook the egg white ONLY IF YOU ARE EATING JUST THE WHITE! EGG yolks are very high in biotin content.......very very high. Why people don't eat the yolk is beyond me. It's where all the beneficial enyzmes and vitamins are located which are REQUIRED TO assimilate protein be it raw or cooked.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rockice View Post
    Man this whole raw egg white thing won't die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAW EGGS I.E. THE YOLK PLUS THE WHITE is the best bodybuilding food you can put down your trap. The problem is eating raw egg whites WITHOUT the yolk. It will cause a biotin deficiency in the body. So that is why you must cook the egg white ONLY IF YOU ARE EATING JUST THE WHITE! EGG yolks are very high in biotin content.......very very high. Why people don't eat the yolk is beyond me. It's where all the beneficial enyzmes and vitamins are located which are REQUIRED TO assimilate protein be it raw or cooked.
    I eat yolks and all 8-10 evry morn with a cup of oatmeal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    LMAO!! you're fuckin nuts!! I love it.

In this most unsettling of times...Today I become the BULL!-Atreyu

Status

Thank you!

Status

To the original poster / post. I tried this. I mixed it with some sugar free tang and some ice cubes. Made an orange julius type shake. Tasted great...

... until I was violently ill about 2 hours later and remained so for the rbetter part of the day. Kind of counterrpoductive when you can't eat. Just my experience / 0.2 ml. This was the "Egg Beaters" brand though. Not whatever was posted towards the middle of the thread.
    Due to a detachment to this established lifestyle my existence will not be dictated like a reading from a book. I will not be predetermined.

Status

Because egg yolks contain arachadonic acid which causes inflammation.

Not relating directly to this but the marker amongst all long-term survivors of Glioblastoma Stage IV brain cancer is C-reactive protein which is the marker for inflammation. The less inflammation, the longer the survival rate.

And Barry Sears, inventor of "The Zone" diet, changes its name to "The Anti-Inflammatory Zone"... he used to warn specifically about the arachadonic acid in eggs. Look it up.

Status

My old trainer from 20 years back told me to just drop them in hot water for a minute or two. Then drink'em up

Status

It seems like arachidonic acid is an essential unsaturated fatty acid - meaning we need it and cannot produce on our own. It won't lead to inflammation by itself but may contribute to it by indirect causes. But I also found suggestions that it suppress inflammation: Can essential fatty acids reduce the burden of dis...[Lipids Health Dis. 2008] - PubMed Result

Btw I cannot find any good info on the zone diet. The official site just contain crap info and advertise their products