PDA

View Full Version : arm size,average big and small

indrid_cold17
02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
what do you guys consider average big and small concerning arm size,cold and flexed and then cold plus whats your current measurement cold unflexed and flexed cold...

Ron Burgundy
02-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Depends on the height/weight and shape. There are 17-18 inch arms that look humongous but they are on little guys.

Do people measure their arm unflexed? What is the point to that? Mine are constanly changing, depending if I am dieting or bulking so it's hard to say. I just started dieting and they are around 19 1/4-19 1/2 flexed.

RIPT
02-11-2009, 11:48 AM
Mine are 17.5 inches I'm content with that but of course I still want them bigger.I'm 5'10 220, don't know about the bodyfat but I need to cut for the summer.......

ubergod
02-11-2009, 03:43 PM
lots of variables here, taller larger frame guys can have arms that measure 17-19 inches easy but they look small cause they arent muscular.. Alot of bone mass.

Well smaller guys with 16-18 inch arms look like they are huge.. cause of smaller frame, shorter arms, etc..

I think it was once said that Frank Zane only ever had 17 inch arms..

I guess the more important factor is, HOW DO THEY LOOK.. not what the tape measure says..

indrid_cold17
02-11-2009, 05:16 PM
i am 185cm tall with 15.5 inches arms so i guess i am small then but i dunno they look good to me,lol

propionator
02-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Then thats all that matters.

hypochondriac
02-11-2009, 10:33 PM
when I'm wearing a ex-large shirt my arms, to me, look average. When I squeeze into a medium tee-shirt and do a double-bi my arms look huge.

I don't think this helps you with your question

Travelboyd
02-11-2009, 11:19 PM
i am 185cm tall with 15.5 inches arms so i guess i am small then but i dunno they look good to me,lol

Hey Indrid, Good for you!!! I bet yours really do measure what you say they do and I bet they look good too. It's amazing how big some of the arms in these forums claim to be. Punching a keyboard for hours every night must be great for building bi's and tri's.

Can't help but get a bit cynical from time to time!!

LondonMuscle
02-11-2009, 11:43 PM
id say anything over 17 inches is pretty big and nething less than 15 is small

if ur over 19 inches though ur in the top 1% of bodybuilders, excluding those really fat dudes!

redback1
02-11-2009, 11:46 PM

if ur over 19 inches though ur in the top 1% of bodybuilders, excluding those really fat dudes!

yes those fat dudes, the ones that are 30%bf and train like shit and have 20inch arms.

LondonMuscle
02-11-2009, 11:55 PM
hahaha, yeah, those ones... im not including them in my top 1% figure... just the legit 19 inch plus dudes!

norm240lbs
02-12-2009, 12:28 AM
I haven't measured arms since I was 16. I weighed 140lbs and had 16 1/2 inch arms, no shit. People used to give me crap about how my arms were going to get bigger than my legs if I didn't start training legs hard. The thing they didn't realize was that I did train legs hard. I could squat and deadlift as much as the biggest linemen on our football team, they were my workout partners.

These days all I can say for sure is that my arms are considerably larger than my calves but still smaller than my tiny little pin head.

Pinnit
02-12-2009, 12:34 AM
def harder for some to build up arms i have trouble with my triceps, but my forearms and chest are huge.

where as some taller mates have trouble building chest and legs but there tris and bi's are huge.

evilh666
02-12-2009, 02:20 AM

I'm going to measure my arms tonight you have got me curious as to if I am in the top 1% or not ..............:Banane47:

Bunnygirl
02-12-2009, 02:25 AM

Do you know what measurement would be top 1% for women?

nthnbeachesguy
02-12-2009, 04:23 AM
I had managed to crack 17" at 191cm which is around 6'3" but I have surfing a hell of a lot lately and that tends to chew any muscle on my arms off real quick. Scared to measure em now.

ryanrenaud
02-12-2009, 05:33 AM
is 17.5 for 21 at 5 7 200 better than most people

Pinnit
02-12-2009, 06:31 AM
^^

thats good man,

how about forearms anyone got any readings ?

BISONE
02-12-2009, 06:40 AM
i never train arms rather train harder on chest and back legs shoulders my arms seem to grow along with my body..even when i was training them by themselves they didnt grow much....cold they are 16.5 pumped 17inches......im 6" 90kg...they look average but since i have leaned up alot of ppls been making comments that they look alot bigger but they smaller but leaner lol i think u need the whole package though a good shoulder with nice tris always seems to make ur arms look huge

Pinnit
02-12-2009, 06:44 AM
people always over train there arms, thats half the reason i have a calcifacation in my elbow

indrid_cold17
02-12-2009, 07:02 AM
i will post some arm pics later tonight

LondonMuscle
02-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Do you know what measurement would be top 1% for women?

i met a competitive female bodybuilder not long ago who had 15 inch arms and she claims to be natural... but no matter what, id say 15 inches is huge for a chick, definitely top 1%!

AWARE72
02-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Depends on the height/weight and shape. There are 17-18 inch arms that look humongous but they are on little guys.

Do people measure their arm unflexed? What is the point to that? Mine are constanly changing, depending if I am dieting or bulking so it's hard to say. I just started dieting and they are around 19 1/4-19 1/2 flexed.

I agree with what ron says...

RIPT
02-12-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm going to measure my arms tonight you have got me curious as to if I am in the top 1% or not ..............:Banane47:

I am by half an inch!!!!!!!:Banane47::Banane47::Banane53::Banane53 ::mosher::mosher:

haggar
02-12-2009, 02:11 PM
i havent meaured mine for ages, i have had them just under 18 pumped, but lost a lil size last year whilst dieting then couldnt get to gym regular for a couple of months leading up to xmas, but back to full bore training now, so i'll let you know in a couple of weeks!

and like someones already said its how they look, a mate of mine came round the other day and he's pretty naturally skinny slight build (narrow shoulders) he's been training a couple of months now, he flexed his arm and his bi's looked great, to me they looked bigger than mine even though i've probablly got a couple of inches on him, coz his are really peaked and mine arent.

also mentzer claimed his arms were only 18'.

CamelToeJoe
02-12-2009, 02:35 PM
I am by half an inch!!!!!!!:Banane47::Banane47::Banane53::Banane53 ::mosher::mosher:

post pics with tape going around them!

RIPT
02-12-2009, 04:14 PM
I'll post pics some other time in the members section when I progress to a point I'm satified with.Also I don't feel it necessary to prove myself on an internet forum.......

propionator
02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Mine are 17.5" flexed (not pumped though). I am 5'7", 210lbs and havent trained arms in 3 years. Forearms are 14.5

Pinnit
02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
i met a competitive female bodybuilder not long ago who had 15 inch arms and she claims to be natural... but no matter what, id say 15 inches is huge for a chick, definitely top 1%!

i would say no to being natural and i would put my pay check on it, and 15 is fukn huge for a chick

Pinnit
02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Mine are 17.5" flexed (not pumped though). I am 5'7", 210lbs and havent trained arms in 3 years. Forearms are 14.5

that measurment for forearms stright or flexed, mine came out stright at 12.5 inches

CamelToeJoe
02-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Right on RIPT!

propionator
02-12-2009, 11:07 PM
that measurment for forearms stright or flexed, mine came out stright at 12.5 inches

It's flexed

bison69
02-13-2009, 01:04 AM
17.5" bis/tris (almost all tricep for big benches) and 16.5 inch forearms. I have a short 32" sleeve and no fat on my arms. Im not a BB'er either. My forearms look very very large if i wear a shirt that ends at the elbows.

Deltsaforce
02-13-2009, 01:36 AM
If you are 5'8" to 5'11" and have anything over 17 and are not over 20% you are gonna look like you have a good set of arms for sure. Taller guys aren't so lucky.
Arms were my genetic gift, I'm 5'8" 19.5 cold right now and I'm single digit bf, 15 weeks out from first contest. They are retarded strong too. Preacher curled the 90's today for 10, 4th set and close gripped 405 for 4, 4th set. Now chest and legs...I've earned every ounce of muscle by busting my ass weekly, totally different story.
My trainer was giving me shit today telling me to drop the weight big time before I blow out a joint come the hard core diet weeks, but I swear I don't even feel like my bi's are working till I hit the 70's, but I'm sure when the carbs are gone the 30's are gonna start to feel like the world.

Deltsaforce
02-13-2009, 01:47 AM
17.5" bis/tris (almost all tricep for big benches) and 16.5 inch forearms. I have a short 32" sleeve and no fat on my arms. Im not a BB'er either. My forearms look very very large if i wear a shirt that ends at the elbows.

Lol, you must look like Popeye! Our forearms are about the same size, I think I might have a 1/4" on you and they even hold well against my upper arm. You must either never get challenged for arm wrestling or it never stops, lol.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard "do you think you could beat my buddy in an arm wrestling match?" I'd be retired. It's always some 170lb amatuer competitor trying to look like a hero, who'd no-doubt whip me as I haven't tried to arm wrestle since highschool. Although, my reply, "Do you think your buddy could beat me in a bare knuckles match in the parking lot?" seems to quiet them up quickly. Especially when wearing the "Staff" shirt of the place you are in.

indrid_cold17
02-13-2009, 01:47 AM
imo this thread will be much better with some pics :)

LondonMuscle
02-13-2009, 02:12 AM
imo this thread will be much better with some pics :)

my arms are 17.5 in this pic and that was almost 2 years ago... they're 19 now but i dont have any current pics

mule
02-13-2009, 02:16 AM
what do you guys consider average big and small concerning arm size,cold and flexed and then cold plus whats your current measurement cold unflexed and flexed cold...

measurement is great for gauging your progress but for comparing yourself to other people its not always accurate of who has more actual muscle. my arms unpumped are probably in the 16.5 inch range right now. they were alot bigger when i was 50 pound heavier but still look aweome right now and get comments all the time
why because my wrists are only barley over like 6 inches so my 16.5 inch arm has a lot more muscle than someone with 16.5 inch arms and 7 or 8 inch wrist. i have tiny joints .
also i am a very low bf with tons of vascularity and separation with a bicep peak looking a like a smaller version of Bobby Robinson(though my triceps aren't as shapely or as nice looking as my biceps are)

what i am trying to tell you is the measurement doesn't always tell the whole story , joint size , bf , shape ect.. make a massive difference

mule
02-13-2009, 02:21 AM
my arms are 17.5 in this pic and that was almost 2 years ago... they're 19 now but i dont have any current pics

there is a good example of what i was saying ,if you said the measurement it would not really be impressive to anyone but when you see them they look awesome and better than most guys that measure 1 or 2 bigger. great arms man.

i am guessing this was a pumped photo? if that is unpumped that is even more fantastic

Daytona
02-13-2009, 04:53 AM
Dam LM those guns are off the chain..

Ive been traing my arms hard, for years and they have not changed from 16.5, iv got them up to 17 but that was watered up... I mean i have tryed everything. Im 5.9 at 200 pounds at 12% bf everything else is growing, dam Gun show. and my left arm is smaller than the right....Dam. lol

indrid_cold17
02-13-2009, 08:00 AM

awesome guns bro nice size and vascularity and i am sure they look now even better at 19inches :mosher:

LondonMuscle
02-13-2009, 08:28 AM
i am guessing this was a pumped photo? if that is unpumped that is even more fantastic

this was actually unpumped... but it was after a carb up meal followed by 4-5 days of 0 carbs!

at the time i was experimenting with food combinations to bring out maximum vascularity

LondonMuscle
02-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Dam LM those guns are off the chain..

Ive been traing my arms hard, for years and they have not changed from 16.5, iv got them up to 17 but that was watered up... I mean i have tryed everything. Im 5.9 at 200 pounds at 12% bf everything else is growing, dam Gun show. and my left arm is smaller than the right....Dam. lol

on average, u have to put on about 10 pounds of lean mass to put 1 inch on ur arms

it took me almost 2 years to add 1.5 inches to my arm... in those photos i was around 195 (dieted) and now im a bit under 240 bulking

so unless ur putting a large amount of muscle on everywhere, ur arms prolly arent gonna grow that much

Pinnit
02-13-2009, 10:13 AM
one word synthol, cheaters dream

RIPT
02-13-2009, 10:25 AM

Nice!!!Once again doing London proud.:canada::canada::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Deltsaforce
02-13-2009, 10:28 AM

It must be terrible for the doctor's not being able to find a vein when it's time to draw blood, lmao!
Ripped arms no matter what size look inches bigger than they really are. If yours are 19 now and still look like that they look like 22 most likely. I get asked that all the time, 22 is the most common guess. Lmao, I could only imagine how insane I'd look with 22's at 5'8".

RIPT
02-13-2009, 10:32 AM
Anyone know what Arnold's, Sergio's, and Ronnie's arms measured?

Pinnit
02-13-2009, 10:35 AM
arnolds was around 21
ronnie 23
off the top of my head

Deltsaforce
02-13-2009, 12:29 PM
arnolds was around 21
ronnie 23
off the top of my head

Depending if Cutler was being serious or not, one part of his video he jokes about his arms being 15" then he slides in a plus 7 comment a few seconds later, which would seem about right I think. His arms aren't the massive part of his physique. I'd love to know what Kevin Levrone's measured in at. They look huge in some of his videos.

mass bandit
02-13-2009, 01:07 PM

...i peaked at 18 inch. unless i gain more weight. thats it for me. they will not get any bigger no matter what and how much i do and work them. im 181 lb , my arms are huge.believe it or not my forearms messure 14 inch. so i would consider 18 inch arms are big.especially on a 180 lb frame....or am i wrong ?

mass bandit
02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
this is last year.... exactlly 18 inch

bison69
02-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Lol, you must look like Popeye! Our forearms are about the same size, I think I might have a 1/4" on you and they even hold well against my upper arm. You must either never get challenged for arm wrestling or it never stops, lol.
If I had a dollar for every time I heard "do you think you could beat my buddy in an arm wrestling match?" I'd be retired. It's always some 170lb amatuer competitor trying to look like a hero, who'd no-doubt whip me as I haven't tried to arm wrestle since highschool. Although, my reply, "Do you think your buddy could beat me in a bare knuckles match in the parking lot?" seems to quiet them up quickly. Especially when wearing the "Staff" shirt of the place you are in.

Yup. Especially after doing a bunch of grip work. When i put on a denim bench shirt i can feel a lot of drag as the area of the sleeve that goes over the bi/tri drags on my forearms. As far as arm wrestling goes i have no clue. All i know is every time i did it it aggravated the tendonitis really bad. Admittedly my wrists are not strong enough to be effective arm wrestling. My finger flexors and thumbs are world class though. Ive seen one of those little amateurs challenging one of my pro strongman friends in an arm wrestling match. I just laughed. Just some little douche looking for a big friend. His forearms are over 18.5". You tube search Tom McClure to see the size of him. He would have broken his arm if he arm wrestled him and really wanted to. He's too nice of a guy though. Its always some jack ass like that. Id just say i dont care if i could beat him in an arm wrestling but i bet i could satisfy his gf more than he could though.

Blackcat
02-13-2009, 10:40 PM

I hope I had nothing to do with you posting this thread, bb pl is a creative sport and should always be kept in check with whats truly important.
Your arm size is fine, if you have the time and funds to pursue your artistic physical expression then do so in moderation.

JiM3
02-14-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm like 5`8 208ish with 17ish arms. Everyone has always awarded how my arms look, but 17s on a dude thats like 6`1 could be skinny?

mule
02-14-2009, 12:40 AM
...i peaked at 18 inch. unless i gain more weight. thats it for me. they will not get any bigger no matter what and how much i do and work them. im 181 lb , my arms are huge.believe it or not my forearms messure 14 inch. so i would consider 18 inch arms are big.especially on a 180 lb frame....or am i wrong ?

no your right that is huge for 180 pounds, a hard thing to do is have 20 inch umpumped arms at under 200 pounds

Pinnit
02-14-2009, 12:59 AM
no your right that is huge for 180 pounds, a hard thing to do is have 20 inch umpumped arms at under 200 pounds

wouldnt surprise me at my gym theres dudes with arms twice the size of there quads. never seen them do any leg workouts....

you guys know the ones im talking about

indrid_cold17
02-14-2009, 02:20 AM
this is last year.... exactlly 18 inch

nice arms bro but seriously no way those are 18 inches even if pumped,my arms look bigger than yours and they roughly measured 15.5 inches will upload some pics from my camera phone its just that i am lazy,will do it now probably

indrid_cold17
02-14-2009, 02:24 AM
nice arms bro but seriously no way those are 18 inches even if pumped,my arms look bigger than yours and they roughly measured 15.5 inches will upload some pics from my camera phone its just that i am lazy,will do it now probably

these are my unpupmed pics

LondonMuscle
02-14-2009, 03:10 AM
nice arms bro but seriously no way those are 18 inches even if pumped

i didnt wanna say nething but i agree 100%... not even close to 18

id have to see a tape measure aroudn those to even believe more than 17

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 09:04 AM
nice arms bro but seriously no way those are 18 inches even if pumped,my arms look bigger than yours and they roughly measured 15.5 inches will upload some pics from my camera phone its just that i am lazy,will do it now probably....ok , thats fine with me...they are 8 inch arms...are you happy.just be happy...if you want me to lie then fine. you choose not to believe thats fine too.i went through this already , and we messured my arms in a privious thread.....18 FUKN IN....DON'T HATE.those are unpumped. im gonna take new pictures from the gym and post...then you can tell me what you think.

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 09:10 AM
i didnt wanna say nething but i agree 100%... not even close to 18

id have to see a tape measure aroudn those to even believe more than 17.....london , what happenes when i proove you wrong ??? are you gonna come back here and say,"wait on second thought , maybe they are ? ? ?....you of all people should know...never have a lied about my body...i like to share , not come here and try to sell you bullshit. if thats what you think of me, i am very disapointed in you london.....i thought you where more then that.much more.

nibbe828
02-14-2009, 09:14 AM
How tall are you Massbandit? You must be over 6'?

Ron Burgundy
02-14-2009, 09:19 AM
MB, I don't think anyone is trying to be negative but you are sort of acting like you have big arms and while the shape and development are good they don't appear 18. I would guess 16.5-17. Frame has a lot to do with it so if you are 6' or over than I would believe it. Taping them in a pic proves nothing either as it is too easy to cheat the tape or have them a bit pumped for the pic and say that they are cold.

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 09:20 AM
How tall are you Massbandit? You must be over 6'?
6foot 1 inch
kinda tall yes

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 09:24 AM
MB, I don't think anyone is trying to be negative but you are sort of acting like you have big arms and while the shape and development are good they don't appear 18. I would guess 16.5-17. Frame has a lot to do with it so if you are 6' or over than I would believe it. Taping them in a pic proves nothing either as it is too easy to cheat the tape or have them a bit pumped for the pic and say that they are cold....i can't believe this ron. i thought i would kinda inspire some of these guys , just as they do me when i see someones hard work i am the first one to let him\her know ....you mean to tell me you think i m here to feed you bullshit...???..i can't believe this.... i'm shocked.

nibbe828
02-14-2009, 09:35 AM
6foot 1 inch
kinda tall yes

Figured! You're too tall to look big. Like me. You need 19-20 inch arms to have them look like 18.

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 09:42 AM
Figured! You're too tall to look big. Like me. You need 19-20 inch arms to have them look like 18.how tall r u nibbe ?

nibbe828
02-14-2009, 09:43 AM
6'3" I weigh in at 228 right now. Cutting!

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 09:52 AM
6'3" I weigh in at 228 right now. Cutting!...i been thinking bout what you said....and if i was 6 - 3 my arms will look smaller. what you said makes alote of sense......i fukn wish i was 228

nibbe828
02-14-2009, 09:57 AM
It's the bad thing about being tall. Need to be pretty damn big just to look bigger than the average Joe. For me it will be easier to look like a fitness model than a body builder. I would need to get up to at least 250+ at a fairly low bf% to look somewhat "big". For me to match the size of for instance Ron Burgundy here I would have to get up to at least 280lb and that probably wont be enough.

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 10:04 AM
.....thank you so much , that is what i deal with.in my life.untill you see me in person...someone nibbes , told me that the taller guys have more muscle mass then short people simply becouse the muscle groups are longer. and short people shorter. so by genetics alone nibbes taller guys have more muscle mass.

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 10:09 AM
and becouse the muscle group is so long , it only gets so big......guyd does this make sense ? ...let me know

RQH
02-14-2009, 10:11 AM
It's the bad thing about being tall. Need to be pretty damn big just to look bigger than the average Joe. For me it will be easier to look like a fitness model than a body builder. I would need to get up to at least 250+ at a fairly low bf% to look somewhat "big". For me to match the size of for instance Ron Burgundy here I would have to get up to at least 280lb and that probably wont be enough.

...But it's still better than being the guy who has to stand on a crate to reach the pull up bar.

I haven't measured in a while bc I left my soft tape in LA but I think theyre between 16.5 and 17. I'm 5'11" and 185 right now. London Muscle's 17.5s look so much better than mine that I want to kill myself. Oceans of jealousy rushed over me when I saw that pic. But biceps are still my least favorite thing to train. I hate it. Like training tris tho.

Ron Burgundy
02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Mass B, What Nibbe said is what I was getting at. You really need to gain some more weight for your height. 18inch is good on a shorter guy, they would seem very big, on a tall guy like you it is deceiving though. I am not quite as tall but I have a big frame and have the same problem. My intention wasn't to be negative to you or your great efforts. I only want to see people reach their goals. My bad if it came out wrong. You have a well developed pair of arms just need some more size to fit your height.

Ron Burgundy
02-14-2009, 11:19 AM

I don't know if it's flattery or mockery but I like you so much Nibbe (no homo )
that it doesn't matter.

Nibbe is 100% right. Taller guys have to fill out much more to have that same stacked look. Does that mean it's harder? Who knows but it doesn't mean you can't do it and shouldn't try. Will I ever have 20+ arms at single digit bf, I hope so, but if not I will sure try like hell.

RIPT
02-14-2009, 11:39 AM
arnolds was around 21
ronnie 23
off the top of my head

23 inches???!!Holy shit, his arm was almost 2 feet around........

LondonMuscle
02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
.....london , what happenes when i proove you wrong ??? are you gonna come back here and say,"wait on second thought , maybe they are ? ? ?....you of all people should know...never have a lied about my body...i like to share , not come here and try to sell you bullshit. if thats what you think of me, i am very disapointed in you london.....i thought you where more then that.much more.

wow, dude, take a chill pill

im not sure what u think of me, nor do i care... but if honesty is something that bothers u, then u prolly wont like me that much... as well if u cant take honest responses dont post ur pics in the first place

i tried to be as respectful as possible in disagreeing with u... i couldnt care less how big ur arms are, or how big u think they are, and the fact that u would throw such a temper tantrem with each person that has disagreed because they didnt think ur arms were as big as u claim, really shows how immature u are

lol, ppl on the net arguring about arm size... grow up kid

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 01:10 PM
wow, dude, take a chill pill

im not sure what u think of me, nor do i care... but if honesty is something that bothers u, then u prolly wont like me that much... as well if u cant take honest responses dont post ur pics in the first place

i tried to be as respectful as possible in disagreeing with u... i couldnt care less how big ur arms are, or how big u think they are, and the fact that u would throw such a temper tantrem with each person that has disagreed because they didnt think ur arms were as big as u claim, really shows how immature u are

lol, ppl on the net arguring about arm size... grow up kid
i think you got no class when it comes to your 1st respond.but i dont give a shit bout you either.....just couse your the mod and you won a contest dont make you a god , who can tell people "no no your arms are not 18 inches."becouse i seen your picture and they dont look like it...sorry expert.you are the one that chooses not to believe.....kiss my ass . maybe if i entered some goofy comp. and won a trophy i would be respected like you......so tell me , what if you where asked and said the size of your arms , and someone said fuk you londo you lie....london i seen your pic and you dont have *** inch arms.
also london you are the only one that is arguing , thats why when i get a chance im gonna throw it right in your face...just to proove to you , you dont know shit about me, but you talk shit about me like you know how big i am..you dont....or maybe you should kick me out of the site, before i get a chance to proove you wrong.

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Mass B, What Nibbe said is what I was getting at. You really need to gain some more weight for your height. 18inch is good on a shorter guy, they would seem very big, on a tall guy like you it is deceiving though. I am not quite as tall but I have a big frame and have the same problem. My intention wasn't to be negative to you or your great efforts. I only want to see people reach their goals. My bad if it came out wrong. You have a well developed pair of arms just need some more size to fit your height.thanks for the advice, i am gonna try to gain more weight if it fukn kills me.
this week im takin off from the gym , and just gonna eat 24 \ 7 and not burn up the cals. i hope it works,everything else has not.

mule
02-14-2009, 01:38 PM
mass bandit you this stuff a bit to serious lol

it will be interesting to the picture you post. i think its possible that they do measure 18, will wait and see the picture .

but this goes back to my first post about the measurement not meaning much, you have nicely developed arms so don't take this the wrong way but london's at 17.5 look better that than your at 18. this just goes to show its more than just a measurement that is important, bf, joint size joint legth(tall guys vs short guys), muscle maturity, muscularity ect.. all make a difference

nibbe828
02-14-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know if it's flattery or mockery but I like you so much Nibbe (no homo )
that it doesn't matter.

Nibbe is 100% right. Taller guys have to fill out much more to have that same stacked look. Does that mean it's harder? Who knows but it doesn't mean you can't do it and shouldn't try. Will I ever have 20+ arms at single digit bf, I hope so, but if not I will sure try like hell.

Dude! It's the truth! You are a big guy!

mule
02-14-2009, 01:46 PM
thanks for the advice, i am gonna try to gain more weight if it fukn kills me.
this week im takin off from the gym , and just gonna eat 24 7 and not burn up the cals. i hope it works,everything else has not.

you really want to gain weight start eating raw eggs and raw dairy like its you job and you will gain
what state do you live in.

stuff you face with raw milk and raw cream, raw cheese , raw kefir, yogurt, raw butter, ect.. plus raw eggs on top of what your doing and you will gain weight.

i would not recommend this with pasteurized dairy because you will probably feel like shit if you start boatloading that stuff, its not health for you, work in some other raw fats too, raw coconut cream, virgin coconut oil, raw extra virgin olive oil

LondonMuscle
02-14-2009, 01:55 PM
i think you got no class when it comes to your 1st respond.but i dont give a shit bout you either.....just couse your the mod and you won a contest dont make you a god , who can tell people "no no your arms are not 18 inches."becouse i seen your picture and they dont look like it...sorry expert.you are the one that chooses not to believe.....kiss my ass . maybe if i entered some goofy comp. and won a trophy i would be respected like you......so tell me , what if you where asked and said the size of your arms , and someone said fuk you londo you lie....london i seen your pic and you dont have *** inch arms.
also london you are the only one that is arguing , thats why when i get a chance im gonna throw it right in your face...just to proove to you , you dont know shit about me, but you talk shit about me like you know how big i am..you dont....or maybe you should kick me out of the site, before i get a chance to proove you wrong.

k, not gonna argue with u bro, ur obviously taking way too much offense here... and for the record, ron and indrid didnt agree with u either, but im not gonna waste time talking about how big ur arms are or are not cuz i dont care

as for myself, just took a pic rite now, totally cold and just got up about an hour ago... they're 18.75 and i have measured them at 19 b4

the pics from the show, i was only 192 and for some reason my arms flattened out more than everything else, so dont judge my size based on those... i am now just under 240, so i believe u stand corrected :)

mule
02-14-2009, 02:01 PM
k, not gonna argue with u bro, ur obviously taking way too much offense here... and for the record, ron and indrid didnt agree with u either, but im not gonna waste time talking about how big ur arms are or are not cuz i dont care

as for myself, just took a pic rite now, totally cold and just got up about an hour ago... they're 18.75 and i have measured them at 19 b4

the pics from the show, i was only 192 and for some reason my arms flattened out more than everything else, so dont judge my size based on those... i am now just under 240, so i believe u stand corrected :)

nice picture, i would have guess mass bandit arms at 17 from looking but will see when the photo comes out, he looks to have longer arms than you so his picture could be deceiving ,will see when he brings the measure out.ist possible they are what he says

Travelboyd
02-14-2009, 02:07 PM
Wow.......well there's a surprise!!! Inches seem to be just about as believable on this forum as are body fat percentages.
I have no idea what my bf is or ever have I been, but I do know that my 18" arm (cold flexed) looks big to me and anyone who can bother their arse to comment on them.
Look at London's arm from last year..........absolutely awsome at <18" Yet an honest to goodness report on actual stats. Why lie? Even wee white lies are a let down in this game!! Do we all lie to our pals on how many girls we've shagged too?.......as well!!!

LondonMuscle
02-14-2009, 02:08 PM
nice picture,

thanks bro... im on a low carb diet basically year round now (200g per day), but when i carb up they should pop up to the 19 that i claimed again

i would have guess mass bandit arms at 17 from looking

well thats 4 in agreement now! and i didnt mean any disrespect which was obviously how it was taken, but i also dont like exaggerated claims on the net

if they truly are 18, then all the more power to bandit... like u said, longer arms can be deceiving and maybe the pics are bad, but i guess ill wait for the pics as well!

LondonMuscle
02-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Wow.......well there's a surprise!!! Inches seem to be just about as believable on this forum as are body fat percentages.
I have no idea what my bf is or ever have I been, but I do know that my 18" arm (cold flexed) looks big to me and anyone who can bother their arse to comment on them.
Look at London's arm from last year..........abslutely awsome at <18" Yet an honest to goodness report on actual stats. Why lie? Even wee white lies are a let down in his game!! Do we all lie to our pals on how many girls we've shagged too?

thanks bro!

like u said on ur other thread about bf%s, most ppl just have no damn idea... i dont think they purposely lie, but then again i dont think they do their due diligence and actually measure properly either

ps, congrats on the true 18 inchers!

Travelboyd
02-14-2009, 02:15 PM
thanks bro!
ps, congrats on the true 18 inchers!

LM......mine are a genuine 18", but then I'm 6' and yeah they're big and without sounding like a sad prick groupie, they don't look as good as yours.

Ron Burgundy
02-14-2009, 02:34 PM
London does have great arms, regardless of size. They have great shape and development. Mine measure bigger but don't look as good. That was what I think I put in my first post, which was the second in the thread. It's not all about size.

mass bandit
02-14-2009, 06:36 PM

...london , your arms are fukn short as balls....are you fukn kiddin me. i have a 74 inch reach.my forearms alone look longer then your whole arm...just stay tooned , you'll see

indrid_cold17
02-14-2009, 06:45 PM
well i am 6 feet tall so i aint short and my arms are much bigger than yours at least in those pics,thats a fact pics being decieveing or not i am not sure of that maybe maybe not but again nothing is sure its all about common sense for me

Rage101
02-14-2009, 09:14 PM
its fucking hilarious to watch MB get worked up!!!

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 05:45 AM

great arms bro,these are the ones i am looking for maybe you can give me a few tips on growing them a little more..thanks

shockwave81
02-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Arms are my weakpoint too - Im about 6ft3 - 6ft4 and they measure about 17.5 inches cold, the worst part is they fkn look miniscule...

LM - Nice arms man.. wish mine looked like that! Im with Indrid - any tips apart from the usual eat clean and train hard?

af245
02-15-2009, 07:03 PM
where are these massbandit pics? :pop2:

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 07:23 PM

good question

af245
02-15-2009, 07:31 PM
maybe he's eating his wheaties. I'll Wait.:behindsofa:

LondonMuscle
02-15-2009, 07:52 PM
great arms bro,these are the ones i am looking for maybe you can give me a few tips on growing them a little more..thanks

Thanks indrid and Shock, much appreciated

as for tips, my arms in particular have never been weak, but they've never been strong either, they just kinda fit in

for weak point training specifically u should increase ur frequency and volume of training for the parts u are trying to bring up and bring down the volume for you stronger points

id recommend training weak points either 2 or 3 times per week depending on how fast u want them to grow... if u choose 2 times per week, u should bring down the volume of ur 2 strongest bodyparts to half of what ud normally do and double the volume for your weak point... this strategy will still allow for growth of basically all bodyparts but the emphasis will be on your weak points

if ur arms are REALLY behind everything else, then id recommend training them 3 days per week and bring all other bodyparts down to maintenance training, just enough to keep them from atrophying but not enough to really make any gains... for most id say this is in the 5-6 set range, so prolly 2 exercises, 2-3 sets each

so if u were training arms 3 days a week u might do a split like:

monday - chest, shoulders, back
tuesday - bis, tris (light day due to previous days training)
wednesday - off
thursday - bis, tris
friday - legs
saturday - bis, tri

for chest, shoulders and back u will only do about 15 sets for all of those bodyparts... for legs u might just do 3 sets of squats and 3 sets of stiff legged deads... none should be too exhausting either, ur just trying to maintain here

for bis and tris id take ur regular arm program and just do that 3 times per week... no more than 10 sets for each though... if u usually do less than do less

u can stick with a program like the above for 4-6 weeks, then take 4-6 weeks off and resume normal training, then repeat for as many times as it is necessary to bring up that lagging part

for exercises, some easy ways to bring up arm size quickly are the work the brachialis which is usually underdeveloped in most ppl by doing hammer curls and reverse curls

ive for the following exercises to be most beneficial for bis and tris...
bis:
preacher curls
hammer curls
barbell curls

tris:
french press (my absolute fav)
weighted dips

cheers!

LondonMuscle
02-15-2009, 07:56 PM

LOL, i dunno, but i think his ego has taken a pretty big beating over the last few days

Xanthine
02-15-2009, 08:03 PM
this is last year.... exactly 18 inch

Mate, you have very long limbs and that is only visible from the second pic where you get an idea of proportion.

Do yourself a favour and take a pic flexing the bicep rather than the tricep and throw a tape around it. At least you posted a pic...quite a few here made large arm claims and have not backed it up.

For the guy with 15" arms...your arms are good...but they don't look bigger than MB's. You are also a smaller guy.

MB...you posted very unflattering photo's of your arms (in terms of showing size....great for definition though) so don't get too shitty at how people judge a photo...only in the 2nd one can we even see a proportional comparison.

Xanthine
02-15-2009, 08:08 PM
MB, I don't think anyone is trying to be negative but you are sort of acting like you have big arms and while the shape and development are good they don't appear 18. I would guess 16.5-17. Frame has a lot to do with it so if you are 6' or over than I would believe it. Taping them in a pic proves nothing either as it is too easy to cheat the tape or have them a bit pumped for the pic and say that they are cold.

Exactly. Tall guys have a kind of "negative illusion" going on. MB...even you said "believe it or not' about your arms.

af245
02-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Mate, you have very long limbs and that is only visible from the second pic where you get an idea of proportion.

Do yourself a favour and take a pic flexing the bicep rather than the tricep and throw a tape around it. At least you posted a pic...quite a few here made large arm claims and have not backed it up.

For the guy with 15" arms...your arms are good...but they don't look bigger than MB's. You are also a smaller guy.

MB...you posted very unflattering photo's of your arms (in terms of showing size....great for definition though) so don't get too shitty at how people judge a photo...only in the 2nd one can we even see a proportional comparison.

its ok bandit im a small guy im 15.5 205 5'11'' 21yr..... but come on wheres the pics!?

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 08:22 PM

his arms being 18 or not i dont know and still not sure till he back it up but picture wise my arms are much bigger than his,not saying that i have huge arms or anything but still much bigger than what he posted...ps 185cm height aint small by any means

nibbe828
02-15-2009, 08:25 PM
ps 185cm height aint small by any means

Who was 185cm?

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Who was 185cm?

i am and converted that into feet its about 6 feet

Xanthine
02-15-2009, 08:34 PM

OK...well see that just proves my point...its so hard to tell in a photo.

BTW...I wasn't bagging your arms at all. I assumed you were a bit shorter. Sorry about that. Props for posting your pics too.

nibbe828
02-15-2009, 08:36 PM

185cm is not 6'. You need to redo your conversion. 1inch is 2.54cm.

Xanthine
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I was basing it on 1inch = 2.45cm so I had it wrong ...damn these imperial measurements lol

I need coffee...

How's that stork theory going BTW? lol

I love that quote :)

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 08:45 PM
OK...well see that just proves my point...its so hard to tell in a photo.

BTW...I wasn't bagging your arms at all. I assumed you were a bit shorter. Sorry about that. Props for posting your pics too.

its ok bro no worries i just wanted to clear that i am tall as well,i know how it feels being tall i started too skinny and being tall didnt help either and i am still no where where i want to be and looking to add some mass on my frame and unfortuantely i had bad luck with aas,sides,bunk gear last time so i am away from cycling at least till i find a good source hopefully its just that mine measures 15.5 inches unpumped we are more or less the same height and seriously no way he can be 2.5 inches larger than me,sorry wont believe that till i see some pics with a tape,sure i wont know if its pumped or not but i will have an idea

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 08:47 PM

as for tips, my arms in particular have never been weak, but they've never been strong either, they just kinda fit in

for weak point training specifically u should increase ur frequency and volume of training for the parts u are trying to bring up and bring down the volume for you stronger points

id recommend training weak points either 2 or 3 times per week depending on how fast u want them to grow... if u choose 2 times per week, u should bring down the volume of ur 2 strongest bodyparts to half of what ud normally do and double the volume for your weak point... this strategy will still allow for growth of basically all bodyparts but the emphasis will be on your weak points

if ur arms are REALLY behind everything else, then id recommend training them 3 days per week and bring all other bodyparts down to maintenance training, just enough to keep them from atrophying but not enough to really make any gains... for most id say this is in the 5-6 set range, so prolly 2 exercises, 2-3 sets each

wednesday - off
thursday - bis, tris
friday - legs
saturday - bis, tri

for chest, shoulders and back u will only do about 15 sets for all of those bodyparts... for legs u might just do 3 sets of squats and 3 sets of stiff legged deads... none should be too exhausting either, ur just trying to maintain here

for bis and tris id take ur regular arm program and just do that 3 times per week... no more than 10 sets for each though... if u usually do less than do less

u can stick with a program like the above for 4-6 weeks, then take 4-6 weeks off and resume normal training, then repeat for as many times as it is necessary to bring up that lagging part

for exercises, some easy ways to bring up arm size quickly are the work the brachialis which is usually underdeveloped in most ppl by doing hammer curls and reverse curls

bis:
preacher curls
hammer curls
barbell curls

tris:
weighted dips

cheers!

thanks bro your post made a lot of sense to me,and actually i am gaining now on something similar which is dc style of training..:becky:

nibbe828
02-15-2009, 08:51 PM

Well, judging from my neighbors the stork theory is winning. They have a huge wooden stork carrying a baby in their front yard. And by looking at them I certainly hope there was a stork involved.

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 08:57 PM

is it measured in feet or inches??

nibbe828
02-15-2009, 09:04 PM

1 foot is 12 inches. 6'=72 inches

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 09:04 PM

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
sorry for the double post so that means i am even taller than 6 feet

nibbe828
02-15-2009, 09:07 PM

indrid_cold17
02-15-2009, 09:08 PM

height i got it bro no worries :)

nibbe828
02-15-2009, 09:09 PM
good deal :thumbsup:

RIPT
02-16-2009, 11:44 AM
I was basing it on 1inch = 2.45cm so I had it wrong ...damn these imperial measurements lol

I need coffee...

Mine are 43 cm.Half a meter almost!!!http://onlineconversions.com/ That site is great for all types of conversions.

gettingafterit
02-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I noticed some posts on here that seem a bit misleading.
I am 6'4" with VERY long arms. MUCH more difficult to bulk up arms. I feel my arms are stronger that some counterparts @ my gym as I can curl significantly more as well as have more intense tri workouts...however it really comes down to genetics IMHO. there are VERY few tall and by tall i mean over 6'2" guys that have huge arms save for NFL types with freaky genetics.
thoughts?

indrid_cold17
02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
I noticed some posts on here that seem a bit misleading.
I am 6'4" with VERY long arms. MUCH more difficult to bulk up arms. I feel my arms are stronger that some counterparts @ my gym as I can curl significantly more as well as have more intense tri workouts...however it really comes down to genetics IMHO. there are VERY few tall and by tall i mean over 6'2" guys that have huge arms save for NFL types with freaky genetics.
thoughts?

i know what you mean bro cause i am in the same boat and had much trouble getting mine to where they are now,they look good from angles and skinny from other ones also different clothes have an effect wide ones doesnt show them at all,tight shirts make them look huge,,mm thats why i am looking to run a nice bulker to grow over all in a few months from now:)

redback1
02-16-2009, 06:51 PM

wednesday - off
thursday - bis, tris
friday - legs
saturday - bis, tri

bis:
preacher curls
hammer curls
barbell curls

tris:
weighted dips

cheers!

I guess you dont believe in overtraining? Thats alot of stress on your arms with not much recovery time. Your training arms again the day after chest and back. I guess it must be working for you with 19' inchers.

LondonMuscle
02-16-2009, 07:18 PM
i dont train this way cuz my arms have always been ok, but i have done this for chest which is my weakest point

as for the amount of training above, think of recovery as like units u can allocate... theres only so much that can go around so when doing bodypart specialization u MUST reduce the volume for some bodyparts and increase them for others

the overall stress and recovery will be the same, or in the above case it will be even less because the amount of muscle fiber damage from an arm day will always be less than a leg day and here leg volume is reduced... so if u think in terms of sets and reps, there isnt any more volume here than a normal program, or atleast if u follow the above template, that should be your goal

so if u regularly do 10 sets per bodypart and for simplicity's sake say that u have 7 "bodyparts" bis, tris, shoulders, back, chest, quads and hams, then u have 70 units of volume to allocate... so for arm specialization you might do 25 sets for bis, 25 sets for tris, 5 for shoulders, 5 for back, 5 for chest and 5 for legs... still the same 70 sets of volume but in this case less overall body demands cuz arms arent really that demanding on the CNS

now there may be some overtraining of the arms due to shorter recovery periods but thats kind of the point here, hence the 4-6 week time length recommendation... u wouldnt do this forever, u would do it in stints where u will train more than u can likely recover from, then back off and allow the recovery to occur, then do it again... keep doing that till things even out

i would only be concerned about overtraining if a specialization program had more volume than your regular program... the goal should be to keep volume the same though and just reallocate it accordingly

tl1kr
02-16-2009, 07:27 PM
Great info LM :becky:

mule
02-16-2009, 08:03 PM
I guess you dont believe in overtraining? Thats alot of stress on your arms with not much recovery time. Your training arms again the day after chest and back. I guess it must be working for you with 19' inchers.

i think if your a bodybuilder and have a passion for actual bodybuilding and not be a lifter overtraining is overrated big time, bodybuilding isn't about size first, if size is your first concern, not looks and development then worry about overtraining.

most people always just making fun of this and say he was a gentic freak it doesn't work for everyone ect blah blah ect.. but look into what serge nubret trained like and what his mindset about bodybuilding was like ,he gives out pages and pages of free info all over the internet

indrid_cold17
02-16-2009, 08:22 PM
where is mass bandit?he just got so mad when people told him his arms doesnt look like 18 and he got offended dunno why,i mean he might not be lieing but it just doesnt look like 18 from the pics and seriously i am starting to believe that he was lying,mm or maybe he is doing site injection in his arms with test suspension to grow an inch or 2,,,mmmmm

taba
02-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I guess the size of your arm may look smaller if you have longer arms and are taller. You may also have a large measurement because you have big bones. Looks can be deceiving. Mass Bandit may have 18" arms. They just don't look like they do in those pics. Could be because he has long arms and is tall. If you have smaller bones and are a smaller person your arms may look bigger.

In my case, I'm small boned and not tall. My arms are only 15 1/2" cold, but everyone at work thinks they look big. Its because I carry most of the meat in my tricep. Like Frank Zane, muscle looks bigger on a small framed person.

taba
02-16-2009, 09:07 PM
BTW, LM, You got awesome arms bro!
Hoping to get mine half as good as yours someday. :eek:

indrid_cold17
02-17-2009, 04:02 AM
I guess the size of your arm may look smaller if you have longer arms and are taller. You may also have a large measurement because you have big bones. Looks can be deceiving. Mass Bandit may have 18" arms. They just don't look like they do in those pics. Could be because he has long arms and is tall. If you have smaller bones and are a smaller person your arms may look bigger.

In my case, I'm small boned and not tall. My arms are only 15 1/2" cold, but everyone at work thinks they look big. Its because I carry most of the meat in my tricep. Like Frank Zane, muscle looks bigger on a small framed person.

nice arms bro:mosher:

mule
02-26-2009, 01:41 AM

mule
02-26-2009, 02:19 AM
i will post mine up tommorrow

Dave-O
02-26-2009, 11:47 AM
18.5 last time i checked .

5'11" and 215.

bm11
02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
I guess I'll enter into this one. I am 6'1, 250-255 right now, offseason, at a reasonable bodyfat. My arms hold very little fat, but I'm sure I would still drop a half of an inch if I were to diet down for a competition. I feel my arms are my worst bodypart, I have decent shape, but I find it impossible to make them grow, and I have gone to some extreme measures. In this pic right here, my arm is a LEGIT 18.5 inches cold, however, notice how it looks much smaller than london's 17.5 in his pic. I am 5 inches taller, and am holding more fat, which reduces the appearance of the bicep and tricep peak. Bodyfat and water retention take away from the round appearance of a muscle, which tends to give the illusion of a smaller arm. Combine that with the difference in bone length, my arm looks smaller than his:

nibbe828
02-26-2009, 12:08 PM
Cameras makes me lose 25lb+! I want the ones they keep talking about on tv, the ones that add 10lb or so!

Rage101
02-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Cameras makes me lose 25lb+! I want the ones they keep talking about on tv, the ones that add 10lb or so!

Yea, but when I worked in porn the camera added about 3 inches. Gave me a whopping 4 inches on camera!! Stand back ladies!!

mule
02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
i thought i would post mine. shitty quality make them blurry . i am actually pretty ripped but these photos don't show it as much as it really is.here they are

Ron Burgundy
02-26-2009, 02:47 PM
The second pic's quality is not bad and you look very lean. Looks good. Does that position show your bicep the best? I know if I do a front double biceps, they look terrible but if I flex it in a curl position they look better imo.

mule
02-26-2009, 03:02 PM
The second pic's quality is not bad and you look very lean. Looks good. Does that position show your bicep the best? I know if I do a front double biceps, they look terrible but if I flex it in a curl position they look better imo.

thanks .i would say mine look good just about anywhere lol my biceps are a strong part for me, my triceps need the help lol though i know what your saying you have to be frigging massive to really show up well in a front double bicep

the thing is the lighting was causing issues with these photos and i tried them in different ways and the bent over ones came out the best. i had my brother taking from different spots, stuff came out very blurry, even more than these. look i will show you a back pose. i tried doing that arnold back shot lol.
now out of all my bodyparts i do hold more fat it my back but its still nowhere close to considered fat. i have a 31 inch waist.
these make it look way worse than it really is. lol just to give you an idea how lean i am right , i am not ready to step on stage or anything like that but i have very sliced obliques and cross striations in my shoulder but my back ended up looking like this

Ron Burgundy
02-26-2009, 03:27 PM
It's the flash washing out the definition. I think if you find different lighting it would help. Outside light is great for physique shots. You have a very small waist, it looks like.

newbielifter
02-26-2009, 03:33 PM
you know daytona my left arm looks significantly smaller than the right, but you tape them and they are the same... I havent measured in a long time, they would be lucky to be 17" though, and all tricep.

CamelToeJoe
02-27-2009, 02:27 AM
I need a measuring tape.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/Jay_Towns/IMG_0620.jpg

nthnbeachesguy
02-27-2009, 03:51 AM
This was my arm last year at about 16.5". I'm around 6'3" tall.

bm11
02-27-2009, 08:59 AM
This was my arm last year at about 16.5". I'm around 6'3" tall.

Good shape, all bicep. Get those triceps up to par, and they will look great!

hulk6767
02-27-2009, 09:20 AM
My left arm is 19 3/4 inches and my right is right at 20 flexed, pumped up they can get up to 21

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6183517/2/istockphoto_6183517-mustache-man.jpg

Ron Burgundy
02-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Good job hulk. Your picture speaks for itself.

Rage101
02-27-2009, 11:19 AM
My left arm is 19 3/4 inches and my right is right at 20 flexed, pumped up they can get up to 21

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/6183517/2/istockphoto_6183517-mustache-man.jpg

That is some sick headband development.

Travelboyd
02-27-2009, 11:29 AM

Yeah ok Hulk............your arms are awsome!!! Bearing in mind that your calves should measure the same, let's see what you've got down there!!!

:)

CM1301
03-03-2009, 01:29 PM
depends wether your a short ass or tall. limb length plays a major role. also if you have used synthol or not. like most pros

RIPT
03-10-2009, 09:17 AM
i thought i would post mine. shitty quality make them blurry . i am actually pretty ripped but these photos don't show it as much as it really is.here they are

Delts are solid too.

jaerock
03-11-2009, 07:28 AM
6'2" tall
208 lbs
16.5" arms (right arm, cold)

I too have long ass arms, but they're fairly lean so I think they look pretty good, I have some really nice viens in my right bicep as well. I might throw some pics up later on today...how do my measurments sound?

Enanthanator
03-12-2009, 11:15 PM
This thread is ridiculous. I havent measured in 2 years...but in my avatar pic I was 18"-18.5" I believe...long time ago...when bulking I get over 19".

AWARE72
03-13-2009, 09:15 AM
This thread is ridiculous.

LOL..yes everyone so concerned about arms.

jaerock
03-15-2009, 01:20 PM
6'2" tall
208 lbs
16.5" arms (right arm, cold)

I too have long ass arms, but they're fairly lean so I think they look pretty good, I have some really nice viens in my right bicep as well. I might throw some pics up later on today...how do my measurments sound?

Here's mine, no pump, cold :becky:

Spydie..
03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
well, at my peak I measured 22.5 inches, which isn't bad at 6'4" 320. however I made the decision to go natural 2 years ago, so I'm measureing right at 21" cold now. Amazing what you can do in only 18 years LMAO!

I'd say average would be around 17 to 19, but genetics play alot into arm size.

calves
03-16-2009, 05:01 PM
This is an interesting topic. I knew a guy at my gym years ago, who was known to have big, shapely arms. The guy had the most sensational arms, great height to his bis and very thick tris. Anyhow, people always thought he had 20-21 inch arms and upon asking him what he had measured his arms at he said 19 and a half. Very shocking because they looked like they were definitely over 20 inches. It is all in how they appear. If you have shapely arms with massive tris and well shaped bis, hell.... your arms will impress many gym members. The guys who are 300 lbs and out of shape and carry a damn tape measure around and tell you that they posess 21-22 inch arms, are the guys who are missing the boat.

calves
03-16-2009, 05:04 PM
depends wether your a short ass or tall. limb length plays a major role. also if you have used synthol or not. like most pros

great point....... the guys today are pumping that damn synthold in their arms. Guys like Boyer Coe and Chuck Williams and Robby Robinson, had impressive pipes, without synthol. I respect the bodybuilders of yesteryear much more. With the synthol and implants, it just isn't appealing like back in the 70s and 80s and even early 90s. IMHO

taba
03-17-2009, 02:51 AM

Here's mine, no pump, cold :becky:

Nice full shaped bis jaerock.

Travelboyd
03-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Jesus guys...........can we knock this on the head? Who cares what size of arm we've got!!??

Isn't this a bodybuilding forum, where symmetry and good proportions are key!?

I don't see anyone volunteering their quad or calf measurements............

jaerock
03-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Nice full shaped bis jaerock.

Hey, 'preciate that brother :mosher:

mule
03-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Jesus guys...........can we knock this on the head? Who cares what size of arm we've got!!??

There have been calf and leg threads before too lol

mule
03-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Delts are solid too.

thanks man, i find with delts most people don't know how to hit the middle and back heads properly they build thickness from the front but not enough overall width or thickness from the side and back

sicwun
03-17-2009, 06:15 PM
im 6ft 4 w/ 19 1/4inch arms, yet a shorter guy w/ 17in arms look twice as big! oh well i only train arms like every 10 days & if i skip a workout it would be arms, too much makes them smaller!

Travelboyd
03-17-2009, 11:26 PM
There have been calf and leg threads before too lol

Really?............I bet there weren't nearly 200 responses from tall guys stating their height before bodypart size.............

taba
03-18-2009, 12:33 AM

good question

Mass Bandit, you out there? Can you post a pic with a measuring tap around your bis to show everyone? Just trying to be supportive. They may even be bigger now, from getting more training days in, since your last post.

indrid_cold17
Thanks for the props on my pics bro!

Nathan Jones
03-18-2009, 01:05 AM
I am 5'8 and my arms flucuate between 16.5 and 17"
I still always feel like they are small though...

NJ

funfun
09-02-2009, 08:11 AM

Quad = 28
Calves = 18.5

funfun
09-02-2009, 08:12 AM
I am 5'8 and my arms flucuate between 16.5 and 17"
I still always feel like they are small though...

NJ

Yikes! Has THE Nathan Jones shrunk that much?

xpl0sive
09-04-2009, 10:38 PM

holy fuck! Insane vascularity dude! shit! I know most chicks would find that disgusting, but I think that looks awesome lol. Do you work your forearms directly at all, or are you one of those guys who just gets massive, round forearms as a side effect from all the heavy back and bicep work?

Anyway, I remember there was a dude at my gym a while back when I was a newbie, and he had some crazy arms like yours. I always thought they'd be at least 17.5 or something, but when I asked him how big his arms were, he said 15 inches. I didn't believe him, but he measured and showed me. Just goes to show how much measurements count, lol. It's how big you LOOK that matters. Too many variables come into play.

LondonMuscle
09-16-2009, 05:44 PM
holy fuck! Insane vascularity dude! shit! I know most chicks would find that disgusting, but I think that looks awesome lol. Do you work your forearms directly at all, or are you one of those guys who just gets massive, round forearms as a side effect from all the heavy back and bicep work?

thanks bro

no i dont do any direct forearm work, but i do a lot of hammer and reverse curls which will involve a lot of brachioradialis involvement, so the forearms get worked that way

if i do have any naturally or gifted bodyparts though, forearms would be it

mtc475
09-16-2009, 09:36 PM
im pretty sure mb killed himself

hommes
09-16-2009, 10:13 PM
quads 29 inches

Enigma
09-16-2009, 10:24 PM
id have to see a tape measure aroudn those to even believe more than 17

I think this is the rub. Its not the size of his arms but that you dont believe the mans words is what offended him. Maybe a better way to say it would be, they dont LOOK 18 inches to me but if you say they are then good on you.

SO hes not arguing about arm size but about calling him a liar. which he may or may not be. thats my view.